Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Greektown

Thats where I'll be this Saturday, in prep for a wedding in Toledo Sunday. Question. Which game there would you recommend for the most likelihood of turning a profit?

I played 1/2 NL and 4/8 limit on a recent trip to Vegas and did decently at both games. I shied away from the 2/5NL game because it had bigger stacks sitting there than I was comfortable with. I could have sat in them, but didn't have a desire to drop four hundred in a short period of time, etc...

I'm pretty conservative, can err on the weak tight side at times, as passivity would be a main leak. Overall I have a decent game though. Problem is that I'll only be there for the day, and will only be taking about five hundred. Just looking for opinions on the game that will give me the better option for grinding out a slow profit with the least possible amount of variance. I'm assuming 1/2NL?

If any other twoplustwoers are going to be there, give up a sup bro. I'll be the mid thirties guy with some severe thinning hair issues.

Thx.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Greektown Saturday

Dang, we're off by one day. I'm going Sunday. I need to be about 30 miles west on Saturday. And I'll be in no shape for playing cards, either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think you'd be fine with any limit game. I haven't played the 10/20 there (gonna give it a shot this time), but the 3/6 and 5/10 are as soft as anywhere.

I don't know anything about their 1/2 NL except that the time charge ($6/dealer) sounds horrendous. I'd say if you're just gonna play for kicks then that's fine. I wouldn't make that my regular game, ever.