Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2005, 09:54 PM

Default This one is close on all streets

Preflop Disclaimer:

I hate this pf, and never cold call in this situation, but for whatever reason did here.

lets talk post flop though:

villian is 36/22.

keep in mind its 6 handed.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

comments welcome.

fsuplayer
Old 01-30-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: This one is close on all streets

Postflop looks fine to me.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:59 PM

The flop call looks dubious to me, considering you may be dominated and there are two still left to act.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:51 AM

i disagree with random as i dont like how you played any street. the preflop cold call is reasonable, but id prefer 3betting. youre getting 9:1 on the flop, with approximately 4 outs, with the possibility of getting raised behind you. not too good. id prefer raising here rather than calling. id rather raise on the turn than call here if you think there is a chance you can take the pot down. on the river i think you need to raise. i dont think there is a reason to call the flop if your plan is to call down the rest of the hand without semibluffing or raising when you connect. youre just giving your money away in the long run. unless you were planning on bluff-raising the turn, but declined to do so after you picked up outs, the whole hand is a longterm -EV. you are chasing with incorrect pot odds, and you didnt give yourself any bluffing equity or implied odd equity. this cannot be a winning strategy. did you just call the flop for metagame considerations? if you did then i think you need to mention that, as analyzing this hand is pretty irrelevant if that was your intention. if your goal is to make long-term EV on this hand in particular, then you failed.