Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Blind attack/defence post #2 - Defence with A4o

Blind attacker is 11/8/2 - tight/agressive.

Two questions - can I defend here with A4o? And what to do on flop?

I want to c/r here, fold to his 3bet and c/f turn UI if he call me.

Is my line good?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 11-23-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Blind attack/defence post #2 - Defence with A4o

I think that I fold this PF unless I've got a good read on the opponent that he will loosen up his range when stealing. If you are going to defend against a player with these stats I think you need to 3-bet PF.

Also FWIW - I think in blind attack/defense and any other HU/SH situations reads are more important than VPIP/PFR/AF. At least take into account his WSD/W$SD as well. Having the knowledge of these additional factors could easily sway your line on either of the two hands your posted one way or the other.

Playing HU/SH while only using a limited amount of information is bound to get you into trouble. I 4-6 table as well and with practice (and a HUD [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) taking into account these additional factors isn't that difficult.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:15 PM

I fold this against this type of player especially. We're paying off when dominated, and not likely to get much out of him when ahead.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also FWIW - I think in blind attack/defense and any other HU/SH situations reads are more important than VPIP/PFR/AF. At least take into account his WSD/W$SD as well. Having the knowledge of these additional factors could easily sway your line on either of the two hands your posted one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well-said! So I will stop my blind postings and can I ask you a question - If you would begin thinking about your blind atk/def how would you begin to understand it?

I thinkging about going to HUSH games and begin to study HUSH forum and try to play 5/10 SH. Is it good way?

Do you have good links/links to books about blind play?

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to c/r here, fold to his 3bet and c/f turn UI if he call me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people who put money in on a street have a tendency to see the next card.

The line you're talking about really counts on Villain immediately folding to the flop checkraise, and I don't think that's going to happen often enough.

If you follow-up with a bet on the turn, you have a better chance of getting a fold, but it's sort of an expensive defense, versus a tight player who quite likely has a better hand.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:15 PM

I'd probably check fold this flop. The pot is small and you're going to have to put in a relatively large amount of bets to get villain to fold.