Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 02:31 AM

Default UGGGGH how\'d i do?

PokerStars 5/10 Omaha/8 (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (14 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 16 BB, between SB and UTG+1.</font>
Old 10-09-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: UGGGGH how\'d i do?

Lucky,

That sure looks like a good table at 5/10 when you have 6 people seeing a flop with a raise...very nice.

I like the preflop raise here as it looks like it didn't knock any marginal hands out, so I think that is a better alternative in this case than just calling.

I'm ok with calling on the flop bet to the small blinds lead, but I would have to raise the turn here with all the outs you're sitting on.

Half the deck gives you either the nut flush or very strong flush.

Another quarter of the deck gives you either the nut low or back up low.

That's 30 outs.

Bad river...fold.

Dave
Old 10-09-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: UGGGGH how\'d i do?

[ QUOTE ]

Half the deck gives you either the nut flush or very strong flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

A ten-high flush in not a strong flush. But I still agree with the turn raise. You have outs out your ying yang, and It doesnt appear that a raise will knock out too many people, it will only build the pot. Plus, you might be able to get out a Jack or Queen high spade flush draw with your raise. Unlikley, but hey, it only needs to work once in a long while for it to be correct to raise.

I hope you arent asking for advice on the river; thats pretty obvious you have to push all-in with ace high.