Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 07:18 PM

Default 1/2 Live ATs

1/2 NL Live.

Hero's table image= tight.
Villain's table image= tight-passive

Villain's stack= ~$125, which I have covered probably twice over.

One EP Limper. Hero raises to $12 (standard PFR for this table) with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from LP. Villain calls on the button. Blinds fold. EP limper calls.

Flop($39): T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
EP checks. Hero bets $30. Villain calls. EP folds.

Turn($99): T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets all-in.

Comments? Too aggressive on the turn??
Old 03-12-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Live ATs

your betting the pot size here. You could go as low as 3/4 of the pot... which he may not call anyhow. Looks fine in my opinion.

Unless you think your against a guy that habitually slow plays sets I do the same... since he is passive you might check it and see if he bets... if he checks your fine...
Old 03-12-2005, 07:47 PM

Looks pretty good to me. I don't see any way you could be beat. AA-QQ would reraise preflop, unless they are very tricky. JJ, if it didn't reraise preflop would definitely raise on the flop. Chances of someone having the two remaining 10s or the two remaining 2s are very small. If he has 66, that's sucks and you just have to deal with it. At least you still have outs (any diamond that doesn't pair the board).
Old 03-12-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty good to me. I don't see any way you could be beat. AA-QQ would reraise preflop, unless they are very tricky. JJ, if it didn't reraise preflop would definitely raise on the flop. Chances of someone having the two remaining 10s or the two remaining 2s are very small. If he has 66, that's sucks and you just have to deal with it. At least you still have outs (any diamond that doesn't pair the board).

[/ QUOTE ]´

The board paired on turn. His outs is another ten in that case.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:33 PM

This is a very interesting hand...mostly bc of how darn shallow he is in comparison to the raise. The real problem is if he is a good player I dont think he can fold JJ here considering the pot is laying him over 2:1...but then again you read him as weak tight....

Did you consider checkraising all in on the flop at all...or were you afraid it get checked through to a J Q K ?

I kind of like checkraising all in against a tightish weakish player on this flop bc youve got MUCHO folding equity and a huge draw to boot...

Just throwing out some alternatives not recommending a single play.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you consider checkraising all in on the flop at all...or were you afraid it get checked through to a J Q K ?

[/ QUOTE ]

was too afraid of it getting checked thru esp. since villain to act behind me was passive and would probably not fire a bullet here with missed overs, or even a flush draw.

also didn't want to check the flop b/c i wanted to remain consistent in betting the flop after raising preflop with position to establish more of an aggressive image.

...plus i hit the flop pretty damn well this time, and usually when i hit a flop like this i try to get all the money in by betting out and hoping to get re-raised, rather than hoping someone else bets it for me. (obviously this can vary if i know there is a LAG behind me who is itching to bet and may allow more $$ into the pot from EP/MP callers before I throw down a substantial raise.)
Old 03-12-2005, 08:49 PM

also didn't want to check the flop b/c i wanted to remain consistent in betting the flop after raising preflop with position to establish more of an aggressive image.

Id say checkraising all in on a fairly ragged flop would do wonders for your image lol it might also deter flop bettors who hold posiition on you...
Old 03-12-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id say checkraising all in on a fairly ragged flop would do wonders for your image lol it might also deter flop bettors who hold posiition on you...

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt ... had this guy not been as tight as he appeared &amp; had I seen him take more stabs at pots, etc. then I would've liked a C/R on the flop better also
Old 03-12-2005, 10:05 PM

My fault about saying you had flush outs if he has 66. But either way I think it was played correctly. There aren't many hands that have you beat. You should win this pot most of the time.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Results

Turn
Hero bets all-in. Villain calls with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

River= low [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MHIG.