Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 05:24 AM

Default AJ calling and calling and calling

Loose passive table, no individual reads yet. What do you think about this play?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em

PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is MP with <font color="red">J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (9 Players)
UTG limps, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, MP2 calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, Button <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, BB <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls, MP2 calls, Button calls,

Flop: (20.50 SB) <font color="black">9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (5 Players)
BB <font color="green">bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls, MP2 calls, Button <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls, MP2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>,

Turn: (14.75 BB) <font color="black">9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (4 Players)
BB <font color="green">bets</font>, UTG <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls, Button calls,

River: (17.75 BB) <font color="black">9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
BB <font color="green">bets</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkred">folds</font>, Button is all-In, BB calls,

Final Pot: 20.59 BB
Old 10-25-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: AJ calling and calling and calling

It looks like you were waiting until the turn to raise to protect your hand but a scare card fell. I probably would have raised the turn anyway to try to get the button out of the hand in this big pot.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:51 AM

You cannot protect your hand in any way on the flop,
but you gotta raise that turn.
When it gets HU I would call a riverbet.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:53 AM

I would throw it away preflop getting 9:1

Straight or OESD = 1.2%
Split or Trips+ = 3.47%
Nut Flush draw = 1.1%

Total = ~ 5.7% = 16.5:1 against

This is still kinda sketch since all of these flops will not make you $$$ postflop. While you will be able to make $$$ postflop some of the time when you flop one pair, you will lose money on average IMO.

Brad
Old 10-25-2005, 06:00 AM

*grunch*

Good post! Alot of important concepts here to think about and tough decisions!

Preflop: You are right on the bubble here by raising w/ AJ in MP and more importantly I'm not sure I would have called BB's cap raise here. With AJs maybe, but not offsuit. By BB capping he is telegraphng that he has AK or a big pocket pair. I think I would have laid it down. It is unfortunate losing the first bet but I think we are starting off way behind.

Flop: Now the pot is large and we have TPBK AND we're trapped between two raisers. I say you either fold or raise here. There is a flush draw on the board and anyone with Ax is already way ahead of us. It'll be too late to lay this down later and calling does nothing for us here. If we bet and Button 3-bets I gotta think about dropping it because even if one of them is bluffing the other(s) aren't.

Turn: I don't like the call here...now 3 to a flush on the board and a possible str8 draw (See above).

River: Uggh! If we stayed in this long do we call here on pot size alone or do we bail?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:25 AM

Where do you get odds like that? Would be very interested since then I could develop my preflop play even more.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 AM

Only superman thinks like this. And the gerber baby.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 AM

dump AJo pre-flop. your out of position and pot odds seem to be working against you.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:18 AM

I'd fold this preflop when it's two bets back to me. You're just too likely to be dominated or facing QQ or better (or even JJ). When passive players get aggressive, it usually means something.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:22 AM

*grunch*
I would have considered folding when it was two back to me PF.
I would have considered folding the turn with Button still to act.

After considering, I play it the same.

EDIT: there seems to be an arguement for raising the turn.
After considering, only if I'm prepared to fold to a button 3bet.
Which I'm not, I still have outs if behind.