Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Rockford Charitable Games - This Weekend

Hey. Probably going to Rockford Charitable Games this Friday. Anyone else? Also, a few questions.

I'm assuming they have some way to wiggle around the "$250 max cashout rule," right?

Will they let me play the WSOP sat. and sell the seat if I win? I'm 19.

The structure for STT's is odd. 12 players, rapidly increasing blinds, and they pay TWO places? WTF? What are the payouts? 70/30?

Is it possible to beat a $5 rake playing 5/10?

Do they ever spread games not listed on the website? I'd like to play higher than 5/10, and I'd like to play a MTT.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Rockford Charitable Games - This Weekend

bump
Old 06-23-2005, 12:00 AM

I doubt I will be there this weekend, but there's an off chance. Anyway, I can answer most of your questions:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming they have some way to wiggle around the "$250 max cashout rule," right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. They pay you anything extra in gift certificates or gold coins. If it's only a little over then just have someone else cash it or sell your chips to someone else. People are always wanting to buy chips at the table.

[ QUOTE ]
The structure for STT's is odd. 12 players, rapidly increasing blinds, and they pay TWO places? WTF? What are the payouts? 70/30?

[/ QUOTE ]
These are horrible because of the blinds. The payouts are also very steep. I think the prize tends to be someting like 70/30 or so. Also they only pay out for 10 spots; the other 2 go to the rake.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to beat a $5 rake playing 5/10?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely.

[ QUOTE ]
Do they ever spread games not listed on the website? I'd like to play higher than 5/10, and I'd like to play a MTT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, they spread a 2/5 NL 300 max (which the call a tournament table for legal reasons.) They also spread 10/20 whenever there is enough interest, but it has basically died because of 2 reasons. The first is the 2/5NL took away a lot of players. Also a lot of regulars now play someplace else.

-Craig
Old 06-23-2005, 12:17 AM

I'll be there with another 2+2er. I'll try to remember to wear my old school Brewers hat. Come say hi.

[ QUOTE ]
Will they let me play the WSOP sat. and sell the seat if I win? I'm 19.

[/ QUOTE ] I'd like to know this too...I'm of age, but not sure I could pick up and leave on short notice.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:11 AM

AUUUUUGGGGGIIIIEEEEEE!!!! I've read several of your posts, and I've wondered if we'd get a chance to meet.

Yes, I will be there Friday, too (with Jacki, another 2+2er who I believe already has posted on this thread). I will be wearing a white Green Bay Packers visor, and it will be backwards AND upside down (i.e. brim in back and pointing up, looking more like a headband if you are looking at me from the front) so you can track me down if you'd like to chat.

I'm in the 7 p.m. session, but I plan on arriving at about 2 p.m. to play in the cash games until our session begins.

NO SNGs for me - that's all I play online for the most part, but these structures are AWFUL! I'll probably just try to crash the $2-$5 spread game for a couple hours, chew some gum, drink a ton of Mtn. Dew and get ready for the lottery, err, tournament.

See you then, man.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:41 PM

What's the rake on the 1-3 and 2-5 limit? How fishy are these games?

Related Chicago note - anybody play at Joe's on Weed on Wednesdays?
Old 06-23-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the rake on the 1-3 and 2-5 limit? How fishy are these games?

Related Chicago note - anybody play at Joe's on Weed on Wednesdays?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man - you can find the info here, I believe (I think they rake $5max, which is insane, but I could be wrong):

http://www.rockfordcharitablegames.com/
Old 06-23-2005, 08:47 PM

This is going to be a 2p2 fest. I'm definitely going and so is StacysMom. I think StacysMom is bringing his cousin will probably want to play 1-3. Also, StacysMom's sister might be there playing 1-3, and there's nothing more funny than putting a bad beat on her. Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm going to be wearing (possibly lightblue/navy striped shirt), but keep an eye out for us and give a sup bro or something.

-Craig
Old 06-23-2005, 08:55 PM

Like I said above, look for me - white GB Packers visor, backwards and upside down (like a headband).

Haven't met another 2+2er face-to-face (outside of my buddy, Jacki), so it would be a real treat.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:39 AM

I'd be there to join you guys, but I got a root canal at 3pm tomorrow. Next time they're in Addison I'll look for you guys