Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 10:21 PM

Default What are the best NL games in Vegas

Going to be in Vegas next week, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to find the softest NL games ($100 - $500 max buy-in range). Any advice much appreciated.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: What are the best NL games in Vegas

Pretty much anywhere that spreads it is going to be soft. TV is a wonderful thing.

By the way, where will you be playing? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 01:04 PM

I will be in town next Mon-Wed and I want to try out some NL (probably 1-2 $100 buy in). Up until this point I have just played limit since there is no NL up here. Plan on hitting Alladin and maybe the Excalibur for this.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going to be in Vegas next week, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to find the softest NL games ($100 - $500 max buy-in range). Any advice much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the 2/5 500 Max game at the MGM to be rather soft even though I had a couple rough hands.

Hand #1:

I had JJ and I made it $25 to go from Middle position with about $525 behind. A loose player on the button called, everyone else folded. The flop came J-10-10 so I bet out $50. The Turn card was a rag and this time I checked and went all in when the button bet $50. As soon as the button called my all in I knew what he had and of course I lost my stack.

Hand #2:

Another hand I had about $600 and was in a threeway pot with 10-10. The flop was 10-7-3 so I was feeling good. I bet out and another player went all in. With no possible flush draw and a crazy straight draw I figured we had an overpair. I called the all in and when his QQ spiked a Q on the river I lost and stack.

All in all I think I played both hands right but sometimes you lose your whole stack even when you make the right play.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As soon as the button called my all in I knew what he had and of course I lost my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?
Old 04-22-2005, 10:07 PM

any one with an open seat