Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 06:19 PM

Default The Oaks 15-30

Has anyone that has played this game? Is it comparable to the 20-40 at Garden City and the Bay 101. I hear those games are really good. What other games do they spread lower than that? Do they have a 6-12 and an 8-16?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: The Oaks 15-30

Never played higher than 6-12 there due to bankroll but friends say the 15-30 is pretty good. They spread most things lower (all the way down to 1-2!!!) but I don't think there is a 8-16, plus an assortment of Stud, Omaha, Lowball Draw etc. I play in the 4-8 Omaha with a half kill sometimes, which is reasonably juicy.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone that has played this game? Is it comparable to the 20-40 at Garden City and the Bay 101. I hear those games are really good. What other games do they spread lower than that? Do they have a 6-12 and an 8-16?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I played the 15 once.

The room is a hellhole. I wouldn't want to park on the street in the neighborhood. The cards, tables, and chips all feel cheap.

The game was extremely good when I was there. The props, particularly, were terrible at poker, which seems like a good sign that the game is usually good.

I'm not really sure why you would ever go play there, though.

scrub
Old 12-22-2005, 05:56 PM

This game is a joke. Even many of the regulars are rather terrible. Go sit in this game on a Friday at about 9:00pm and you won't believe some of these idiots. I say friday because the games are juicy and there is a 30/60 game going so some of the ok 15/30 players play in that game.

Here is a hand I witnessed.

UTG raises, next player makes it three bets, next player (call him suckerbsquare) goes into the hole...thinking, thinking...calls 3 cold.

suckerbsquare shows down the winner with 68o. UTG had AK and MP1 had 33. suckerbsquare explained to a couple other players that he knew he had odds once it was three bets to him. FANTASTIC.

There are many cold callers and people playing any two suited. Blinds are usually ridiculously loose. Rake is high as they charge $6.00 per half hour of play.

One of the above posters does not like the filth element at the oaks. I agree it is rather hellhole like, but if the games are good...hey, they offer free coffee to keep the suckers awake.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:01 PM

oh yeh. They spread 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, 6/12 and 30/60 (fridays) holdem. The 6/12 plays like a party 1/2 maybe worse depending upon the time. All very good games. They also spread stud games, lowball and omaha. Games are good, variance is high. I have literally been on a 6/12 table that was barely big enough to hold all the chips in the pot.