Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 07:00 PM

Default AA against TAG

BB Villian is pretty taggy. What's the line on the turn?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero thinks...

Krishan
Old 12-07-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: AA against TAG

You probably have MP beat, but I am pretty scared of BB. Call, and if he gives up on the turn, you get easily bet the river.

Edit: Actually, I don't even see how there is much to think about here, so please explain. If I had simply raised BB, and he donked, I would raise the turn. But he has been raised, and reraised, and is still leading the turn...

Edit again: Do we have any reads on BB?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:08 PM

Yeah, the read was suppose to be for BB.

Krishan
Old 12-07-2005, 07:12 PM

If he's TAG I would call because you can't fold to a 3bet because I think he could have Kings up here. Looks like that or a set.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:13 PM

Villain is TAGGY and he is leading out into 3 opponents after being raised and reraised on the flop. Seems like he has some sort of monster (22, K9) that he is playing funny, or has improved (89, K8). I guess he could be retarded and have J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I am guessing it is one of the later, considering you posted the hand here.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:14 PM

For a TAG the villian took a wierd line calling the flop 3 bet and donking. I probably call down because I want to see showdown, but god that feels weak. If I raise the turn and get 3-bet, I don't personally have the ability to lay it down hence the reason I wimp out.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably call down because I want to see showdown, but god that feels weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am honestly baffled here. How do people think that calling down here is weak?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:28 PM

If he has a set I think he's played it great so far. If he is a crappy TAG he has KQ though. I think its close. If UTG called I would have raised. I think calling is best with just one monkey left in between.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-07-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has a set I think he's played it great so far. If he is a crappy TAG he has KQ though. I think its close. If UTG called I would have raised. I think calling is best with just one monkey left in between.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

How about K8s?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:29 PM

youre asking about raising right? that seems to be what people always advise in midhigh but i disagree. i call.