Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 05:54 AM

Default 3 HU hands. 10/20

3 Heads up hands. Someone asked I post them. I thought they were pretty standard. All contain same villian, been playing him HU for about 10-ish minutes. Anyway, let me know if anything sticks out.

Hand 1: At this point I know villian is aggressive and can be tricky. Its possible he has an ace here, but stuck with me read and considered his flop lead the give away to his hand (unless he decided to bet/3bet me with an Ace instead of CRing)...anybody pop it on the later streets?

There is also the optional: call flop 3bet, pop turn line as well.

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10 BB

Hand 2: I was really debating a flop lead, and by the time I checked and he bet, a flop check-raise. Maybe FPS, but I figured he would autobet flop and turn and was going to CR a decent amount of turns. With his turn action that river card had mucho potential for lameness. So is anyones river action different?

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Button calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Hand 3: Debated the flop bet, but the flop checks always throw me off as 90 percent of the time its an auto bet...but I was thinking of raising some turn card (I dont know which ones) but when he bet I decided to let him fire again. Of course river A is kind of lame. But he 3bets more hands than A-high as well.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 12-02-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: 3 HU hands. 10/20

hand2 is player dependant, i like a fold in hand 3. why would he check the flop unless he had a pair on an ace he wanted to get to showdown? by the river i think you win hand three like 0%
Old 12-02-2005, 06:05 AM

You are right that Hand 3 is close, but I win it more than O%...win it enough to compare to the pot odds? Now that could be another story, this one was full intuiition based. Granted that river Ace was really really lame. This guy will autobet and try to push u off the best hand for sure, regardless.

Anyway, I did make a gamble on this river by calling.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:23 AM

Hand 2 is way over my head. Can you walk me though why you are not considering a fold at all? What is he doing PF, just limping crap and not folding anything here? So you think Q-high is best here most of the time?
Old 12-02-2005, 07:19 AM

well at this point in the match, I was pretty confident he raises all aces and almost all K-high hands from the sb/button. He also autobets a ton, so at best he may have a duece or a 5, if he has anything a 5 would be more likely. But since I belive he autobets and I have prolly the best hand I was intially going to lead this flop. Then I was like, well he will autobet so I will CR him...but just ended up C/C, figuring Id c/r a variety of turns.

The 6 came, its was perfect for me, obviously. He may have actually had a 2 or a 5 here (pair+gutshot, something like that) and I got my card. When he limped I was confident it was low crap cards, suited/connecting cards etc.

My guess is he had a weak made hand. But Id almost expect him to call that, but I cant be betting the river with anything he beats, hence his fold. Unless he was just trying to push me away and figured his move was a bust.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:37 AM

IMO these hands are far from standard. I play a fair amount of 10/20 HU and have encountered only a handful of opponents against which Hands #1 &amp; #2 would be anything but completely spewing.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:06 AM

that depends on reads. I go with my read and the most logical range of hands and work from there...whether I won or lost these I feel completely fine about the way hands 1 and 2 were played.

HU its hard to tell what is spewing and what is not sometimes, what looks like spewing to u, was perfectly in tune with my read on opponent. In hand 1, the only time I became slightly concerned was his continuation into the turn.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel completely fine about the way hands 1 and 2 were played.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
what looks like spewing to u, was perfectly in tune with my read on opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking?

U post hands and ask if anything sticks out. And when subfallen - who is a good and well known poster - says he thinks something sticks out your answer is: "Nope, it doesnt, they were perfectly played."

And even worse, when u do this you give us no arguments at all. You say that you "feel fine" about the hands and that you played "in tune with your read".

I 100% agree with Subfallen, they stick out. In hand 1 for example u cap 2nd pair, medium kicker on a completly non-drawishflop and then call 2 more Big Bets when another overcard hits and he bets into you. Its not like he is betting a draw so what do u think he is betting?

Of course u can have a superread that makes it all clear that this was the best way to play the hand, but then u shouldnt post because there is nothing noone can say about peoples superreads.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 AM

lol
Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 AM

Read my intial post, I didnt feel the need to post these...granted it was a one-liner...so here is the detailed explanation: A friend of mine who plays much much higher than me (50/100 to 200/400 games, and one of the best HU players I know) wanted me to post this. He doesnt care for this forum (I do care for it), but he wanted to see what ppl would say. DOnt ask me why. He asked that I post them, so I did.

Also, I dont need anyone to pull the "well known, respected" poster card out on me, I know who is respected and who is not...I know u are a good player, and I get your point...but Im the last person that needs to hear that crap.

Sure, the hands dont look standard, fine...point taken, they felt right and standard at the time I was playing, I went with my read and logic...and whether I won or lost these hands I feel fine about them. Also, like I said, hand 1 I only became concerned when he continued into the turn. HU and 3-4 Handed is my main game, I know this looks like spewing, Id probably tell u the same, its not. I dont know if its super-read or just gut, or some stupid-ass condition, but i felt ahead in these hands.

You can comment on the hands if u want, cool, fine...happy times. I didnt post them for me.