Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Stomping around in 10/20

Here is a video of me playing some 10/20. It is about an hour of play at a single table, edited down to about 15 minutes of non stop action. During the video, if I was unsure of my move, or thought that perhaps there was another line to take, I made circles with my cursor around the other option I was thinking of taking. I am sure there will be plenty of problems, so feel free to tear it apart. If you can, please comment on my hypothetical plays too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~dpg221/Spicy1020.avi

Thank you,
Spicymoose

P.S: You may need to have the XviD codec to watch it, it can be downloaded here:

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/
Old 11-27-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Stomping around in 10/20

I dont like the bet with Kh8d on the turn. CR.
Check fold the 66 flop.

The K9d hand. Whats the point of your CR on the flop? I am very uncertain myself. But my usual line is to just call down with second pair. Especially when an ace flops.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:19 PM

First hand, I wouldn't raise with T4o against what seems to be a decent player.

1:30 Fold the 89s like you did

1:56 As6s in SB. UTG (26/13.6) raised I think this is a clear fold like you did.

2:00 next hand, KdJd 3bet that against a 46/31 all day. I would definately never fold on that flop. I'm not sure whether we should just 3bet the flop (what I normally do) or wait for a nonspade turn to raise since were ahead here, about uhh 95% of the time.

4:11 Qs9c in BB. The lagtard open completes in sb. I wouldnt raise with this unless I knew that he wouldn't peel. With only Q high and him _probably_ going to peel nomatter what flop I think I'd rather just wait to hit a pair and not try to outlag him.

5:58 Jh7c in SB. Flop was KKJ. You bet he raised. I don't think he would play a king like this, so I would generally just 3bet this on the flop. Were you going for a checkraise on the turn regardless of that king?

8:20 8s9s aggressive player checkraises you on the turn on J258. I think this is a definate call.

9:50 K8o. I think I might go for the turn checkraise of the field. Don't 3bet the river though.

10:28 99 is a cap preflop. I would bet the turn and fold to a checkraise.

11:08 66 complete in SB then bet into 3 people on a QJ5 board. I don't like the flop bet and I think you should fold to the raise as well.

15:27 Qh9c I would definately call the raise in the BB. I think I would slowplay this one though.

16:15 I play that AJo the same.

16:59 I play that ATo the same.

This is just my attempt at these hands. What do I know though I play bad.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:09 PM

2 minutes in, you 3bet a LAG with KJs, flop is Kxx all spades you have no spade.

He checkraises you on the flop, I would 3 bet here.., often villian will have a high spade here.
(I hope I'm not being results oriented)
Old 11-27-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4:11 Qs9c in BB. The lagtard open completes in sb. I wouldnt raise with this unless I knew that he wouldn't peel. With only Q high and him _probably_ going to peel nomatter what flop I think I'd rather just wait to hit a pair and not try to outlag him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't we have equity against his weak hand? If we check, won't he bet most flops, and we will be put in a tricky situation?

[ QUOTE ]
Jh7c in SB. Flop was KKJ. You bet he raised. I don't think he would play a king like this, so I would generally just 3bet this on the flop. Were you going for a checkraise on the turn regardless of that king?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, was gonna check raise anything, but failed. You still normally 3-bet?

[ QUOTE ]
K8o. I think I might go for the turn checkraise of the field.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about it, but really didn't want it getting checked through. People get scared with a board like that. I figured that also anyone calling 1 bet would have a good chance of folding to the check raise anyway, so I don't even always get more money when I pull it off.

[ QUOTE ]
66 complete in SB then bet into 3 people on a QJ5 board. I don't like the flop bet and I think you should fold to the raise as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even though he is LAGGY and there are straight and flush draws out there? When you check the flop, do you fold to any bet? Do you call if only one person bets, and everyone else folds? If you do call, what is your plan for the rest of the hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Qh9c I would definately call the raise in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
If UTG had been the raiser, and SB had called, do you fold on the BB?

Thanks for your input,
Spicymoose
Old 11-27-2005, 09:48 PM

104o in sb. fold preflop. do you really want to play garbage oop against a tough player? as is, you might as well bet the turn.

i fold the kjs to the utg raise until i can get a better read on my opponent. i may 3bet the flop or raise the turn against more aggro players.

why are you limping with 106o in the sb? especially against an aggro bb.

j7o hand i often donk the turn when you fill up. you are likely ahead and the board is drawheavy. he is calling flush/str draws down anyway.

q10 hand. that guy is not very aggro so i am calling down when he donks the turn.

89s hand. i rarely fold there against aggro players. its a tough tho. im really not sure.

k8o hand is fine. i like betting the turn and 3betting the riv would be very bad.

fold the 66 on the flop. i think i would check fold there anyway.

k9s in the bb. call down. dont checkraise. let him hang himself. as is, the turn is an easy fold.

aa hand is nice. i like the turn 3bet against this aggro player. if his af is lower than 1 then i would be just calling down usually.

k10s hand you should check the turn. this guy is capable of being aggro and you dont want to pay 2bets with your draw. if you check and hit you will gain 2 bets on the riv.

q9o hand. you crippled the deck. please call the flop. i would likely wait until the riv to raise.

ajo in the sb. with the 2 limpers i would likely just call the bet. suited its a better raise but you are oop with a hand that doesnt play well multiway.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:26 AM

Default *thinking* time

in this session you took an appropriate amount of time to think when you had an important decision. but, i don't believe i ever saw you *think* when you had huge hands or clear folds. deceptive use of thinking time could have possibly made you more throughout the session.

for example, if you had *thought* a bit more in hands like the Q9 boat flop, you may have coaxed one more BB. i know this seems like a "noob tactic", but even if it fails, the next time your opponent is pounding away and you *think* on the flop about how many clean outs your OESD has... you might get a free turn card, etc.

also, i like to think at times when i know i'm going to fold, especially in blind defense situations. this helps boost my defensive image and disguises those times i have a borderline decision.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:30 AM

not enough hands on the guy to know he's a lag yet... 26 means didly.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:14 AM

early on, i believe you posted in the cutoff and it was folded to you. this is an autoraise with any 2 cards.
as everyone else said, check/fold that 66 hand.
on another, you 3bet jqo vs. SB's open raise. i like it. however, you should have raised for a free card when he donked the 9-high flop.
ajo hand: i fold this one preflop. your hand plays poorly multiway and you have the worst possible position (absolute and relative). this guy isn't raising light enough after 2 limpers to make this a good 3bet.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold the kjs to the utg raise until i can get a better read on my opponent. i may 3bet the flop or raise the turn against more aggro players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to raise the turn. Do you fold to a 3-bet?

[ QUOTE ]
k8o hand is fine. i like betting the turn and 3betting the riv would be very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an almost identical situation in my last video, and made the mistake of 3-betting. This time I improved! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
q9o hand. you crippled the deck. please call the flop. i would likely wait until the riv to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the turn doesn't complete the flush draw, you raise the turn right? Can't let the flush draw get away without paying us one more...

Thanks for your comments. You definetly pointed out some good things that I need to change.

Spicymoose