Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 06:19 AM

Default 66 in large pot, flop/turn decisions

I thought this hand was interesting.

PartyPoker 10/20 6Max (6 Players)

UTG folds and I raise 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP.

Loose, average player (40/15/1) cold calls in the CO. Postflop he has a trickiness level typical of a 10/20 Party player.

Loose, bad player (55/17/1) three bets on the button. This guy's the reason I'm at the table.

SB folds.

Good, slightly over-agressive player (35/15/4) caps out of the big blind.

Everyone calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (16.5 SB)

SB bets, I call (?), CO raises, Button folds, SB calls, I call.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (11.25 BB)

SB checks, I bet, planning to fold to a raise.

I'll add the rest of the action and my thoughts on the hand later if others are interested.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:25 AM

Default Re: 66 in large pot, flop/turn decisions

Preflop: Fine
Flop: Fine

Turn: I check this turn. If CO bets and SB checkraises then you can let it go with no further investment. Otherwise I just check-call and plan on re-evaluating on the river.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:24 AM

I fold to the flop bet. Too great a chance you are getting raised behind you and you are drawing to 2 outs.

blake
Old 11-19-2005, 05:24 PM

Anyone else? I think folding the flop is wrong. SB has overcards a lot in this spot. I don't like the raise from the CO but he probably would have 3 bet preflop with 88 or 99 or an overpair. It looks like a draw to me. When the SB just calls the flop raise, he has overs and I think my hand is good much of the time. I donk the turn because CO is not aggressive enough to raise again with a draw and I don't want him taking a free card.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:00 PM

Bump. This was relegated to small stakes after the split, but I think it warrants more discussion. It only received two dissenting responses so far. I'll add one more read that is kind of important. I'd been at this table a while and the observant players probably view me as a semi-LAG (I'm around 33/24, they are thinking this guy raises a lot). In other words, they don't necessarily put me on premiums with my preflop raise.