Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Time of PT Database Importing

I am currently importing about 60,000 hands from two text files into PokerTracker for analysis purposes. I have been letting it run for approximately 2-3 hours, and it still is not responding - as it does when it is analyzing hands.

CPU usage is being registered in the task manager, meaning that it's doing something.

About how long should a 60,000 hand import from two text files take? I have a dual 2.4ghz Xeon system with well over 2 GB of RAM and SATA hard drives.

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Time of PT Database Importing

Yes....the PT import function can be quite SLLLLOOOOOWWWWW, especially if the DB is already large!

I think it may be faster divide the import into smaller groups of hands and do a DB compress between groups.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 11-17-2005, 02:09 PM

Try PokerManager, it does what PokerTracker does but actually provides status when loading hands. It says how many files to go and and estimate of how much time it will take. There is a free download to try it out (10 days).

www.pokermgr.com
Old 11-17-2005, 02:43 PM

When I did my first load eons ago with about 40-50k hands it took well over 8 hours. That was obviously an older version. But it did eventually finish. Wait it out.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:59 PM

It returned an error "Out of Memory" then crashed. Wonderful. I guess I'll manually split it up into several files and try to re-import.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try PokerManager, it does what PokerTracker does but actually provides status when loading hands. It says how many files to go and and estimate of how much time it will take.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, you're saying we should try PokerManager because the hand-importer has a status bar? My, what a motivating force to switch database backends. A status bar.

I like pokertracker because it's the best database backend I've seen, and works with PAHud for display. If yours had better sound-effects, or a fancy color scheme, I still don't think I'd change
-Sam

P.S. Oops. Did I say "yours"? I meant "theirs".