Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Want to really confuse yourself?

Play a 10, a 20, a 50, and a 100 at the same time.

To play the advanced version of this game, play more than one of some random one of those.

Sorry for the low content, but my mind is totally blown.

citanul
Old 08-05-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Want to really confuse yourself?

I'd be more than willing to, if you bankroll me for it, that is.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:14 AM

I was in a 5, 10 and 20 today.. the 5 was my tightest table [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 02:16 AM

this is pure genius
Old 08-05-2005, 02:44 AM

results:

my 10 was absolutely ridiculous, i won a pot at some point, and then like, they never contested anything ever again. when it got to 4 handed the stacks were like 3.5k 1.5k 1.5k 1.5k with me having already just been laying into blinds. i pushed every hand except a 62 i saw for a while, and it was like 5.6k 800 700 900. at that point someone pushed when i was in the sb, and the guy on the button called, so i decided to fold. one of them got knocked out. then i started pushing every hand when the guy who won that hand was in a blind, and folding all the other ones. then the stacks were 6k 1k 1k. then i finally got a hand on the other guy's blind, so even though i had been totally not touching his blind, he called the first time i did, and he busted. then i pushed every hand heads up (the blinds were still not that big. he kept folding on his sb, and finally when he was at about 600 or 500 he decided to take a stand with some ace. he flopped an ace, and still lost. then he went on a rant about how stupid and lucky i was.

my 20 was lame. some douchebag done did bad beat me.

i've been playing a bunch of 50s lately, but i'm still not exactly sure how things work. it's very strange. i'm not in tune with what they do in the late game at all. in this case someone decided to limp call off their whole stack preflop when there was a short stack in the game, with KQo. whatcha gonna do. 4th place sucks.

the 100s were interesting. i guess if there's going to be any content in this post, this is where it's going to come. at the 50s is about the first place where i find fancy play to come in effect at all. you can get some good pvs in, some good bluffs, induce some bluffs every once in a while, etc. at the lower stakes games, these plays take far lower precedence to taking maximum value from those times you have a hand. but at the 100s, wow! at the 100s you can like, expect people to be predictable. and oh man, it's wonderful. i got either spite, or "wow, look at me, i'm making a great call" called in one of my games in this set with A6 on the bubble, but besides that, i mean, jeez. these guys like, stack off nice and pretty with the hands they're supposed to (never naggingly flopping a straight on a 753 board having called a raise preflop. they fold constantly, they routinely fold to reraises on the bubble, but still put themselves into position to do so! they limp in the late game nearly 100% of the time that they want to get all in while on a short stack. the other fraction they raise 1/2 to 2/3 of their stack, thinking it's inconspicuous. meh, i guess that's ranty.

i think tomorrow i might play like, a 5, 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 200 set and see if blood comes out my ears.

citanul
Old 08-05-2005, 03:00 AM

Ill play a 5, 10, 20,30, 50, 100, 200 and 400 ministep sometime for fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 03:11 AM

Mix in Omaha and Stud.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ill play a 5, 10, 20,30, 50, 100, 200 and 400 ministep sometime for fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how could anyone possibly enjoy that?

citanul
Old 08-05-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mix in Omaha and Stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, you are a champion of ideas. How often do stud8 sngs run? ooooooh, I could mix in, get this: Stud 8 heads up on stars! Oh baby.

Alright, let's try to come up with like, the definitive list of stupidest mix of 8 tables we can find...

citanul
Old 08-05-2005, 11:05 AM

Throw in a pot-limit HE at some limit -- just similar enough, until you wonder WhyTF you can't push...