Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 12:25 AM

Default First Experience at the WSOP

Played the no-limit today-- went out around 700th place or so during Level 5-- have to say to anyone who wonders-- it was one of the most rewarding and fun days I've ever had. (And this after a frustrating supersatellite of 72 last night when 3 would get seats to ME and 4 others got paid. I, of course, finished on the bubble--8th)

Sure the Rio isn't quite ready for all this yet-- only men's room (at one point players basically took over the ladies' room) anywhere near-- overly longlines to register, etc.

but once one sat down by the felt, it all changed. I had a great table-- nobody famous but several very accomplished players. in the end I was done in by two races-- last hand of Level 4 I was dealt AK UTG, small blind went all-in with about 60% of my chips. he had JJ-- hit a K on a flop but he rivered me with a 10 for a gutshot straight. And then 30 minutes into Level 5 I had reverse race-- my jacks against AQ-- and lost it to an ace on the turn.

But it was a fun, fun day, and I am gonna try to get back for the ME.