Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Expert Play according to the Table Coach

[ QUOTE ]
So if you were planning on folding the turn UI, why call the flop with 3 outs? Whatever he bet with OOP on the flop he'll probably continue with on the turn, winning or otherwise. If you folded UI here you just would have spent an extra SB before folding the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

my experience with superweaktight players is that they give up, and switch to check/call/pray mode unless they are superstrong

so that 1SB often buys 2cards, and 8.5/1 with some possibility of being ahead seems like a decent price

Obviously my read was off on this specific hand, and subsequently changed to reflect the newfound info, since WT players don't play 65s, let alone 3bet the turn with bottompair/fd

[ QUOTE ]
Even under ideal conditions, limping 98s UTG is marginal. I think you underestimate the value of position with these hands. It's very hard to minimize a positional disadvantage against multiple loose passive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was a slamdunk you need to play this hand, I know you weren't specifically talking to me, but I will defend the limp a little, if its a mistake to limp its a tiny one, I'd estimate if I misjudge the table, I'll get around .45BB back on my .5BB investment, a 0.05BB misstep, which is minimal. Most preflop errors are small in magnitude(hence the don't focus on it too much attitude) where you get in trouble is small errors that you have the opportunity to make very often. So if I limp JTs-98s UTG(10handed) everytime, I get one of those 3hands 1/110, and get one UTG 1/1110 so even if I lose .25BB everytime I limp, its still miniscule overall. I'm comfortable with my postflop play, and look to play hands that have big pot potential whenever I can, these medium suited connectors are those types of hands.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Another Brilliant Hand of Mine 1/2 beginners

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: bottomset is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, bottomset calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, bottomset checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
Old 12-03-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Another Brilliant Hand of Mine 1/2 beginners

I got three pair! Windmill slam those cards on the table. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Another Brilliant Hand of Mine 3/6 6max

UTG is unknown, BB is fairly lag, but scares a little easy

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: bottomset is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, bottomset calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 12-07-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Another Brilliant Hand of Mine 3/6 6max

Hot
Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: bottomset is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, bottomset calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so lost on playing this on the button. I really question whether this is simply just -EV to play, not even marginally. Even great post-flop skills on this feels like a leak.

I assume that the bet on the turn = partial bluff that you have a 10 + you slightly improved, beating overcards + everyone is checking to you. Would you fold this if it was raised on either the turn or river?

Crovax
Old 12-07-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that the bet on the turn = partial bluff that you have a 10 + you slightly improved, beating overcards + everyone is checking to you. Would you fold this if it was raised on either the turn or river?

Crovax

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, he would.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:41 AM

Oddly, 53s is one of my top ten money-makers with over 100 plays from the button. For some reason, I have a better feel when to release this hand (or when I am going to flop goot) than I do with JJ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 11:03 AM

Playing this on the button here is hot.

Betting the river when counterfeited is hotter. Since the EV of checking is less than the EV of betting. Getting called by somebody with an Ace is definitely not cool but hot in a meta hot kind of way.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Another Brilliant Hand of Mine 3/6 6max

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is unknown, BB is fairly lag, but scares a little easy

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: bottomset is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, bottomset calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I might try to c/r the turn, but other than that I like. OTOH, I have FPS these days, so betting out is likely better.

nice hand.