Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: 3 HU hands. 10/20

I like hand two if you got a read that he will raise any ace,pp. Maybe the cap is a bit over the top imo but definately raise it. Btw was the river a bet/fold,bet/call or check/call if it was another card?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I dont need anyone to pull the "well known, respected" poster card out on me... Im the last person that needs to hear that crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. But then I dont need to hear about your friend who kills the 200/400 limit?

I think the problem (for me) is this:

[ QUOTE ]
I know this looks like spewing, Id probably tell u the same, its not. I dont know if its super-read or just gut, or some stupid-ass condition, but i felt ahead in these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I (and Subfallen) says hand 1 is spewing against most players HU at $10/20 its not because we cant think of a player where this is the perfect line. There are a number of players that are so aggressive that I never ever would fold a flopped pair. But against most players at 10/20 your line is to aggressive/you dont fold fast enough when he shows u he is ahead.

And when the only argument you come up with is that u had a feeling u were ahead, well, its not that I dont trust your feeling, its just that if you cant explain why you had that feeling and why u acted on it like u did, I dont know what it is you (or your friend who is killing the 200/400) want us to discuss.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine who plays much much higher than me (50/100 to 200/400 games, and one of the best HU players I know) wanted me to post this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to believe a person that plays like this could have friends.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:55 PM

capping hand 1 is ridiculous against all but the most insane opponents. after playing 10 minutes theres no way you could know he doesnt have an ace on this board or even a 9 with a better kicker.

the turn checkraise in hand 2 after you pick up the 6 is hot. however, im not really a fan of the checkraise on a blank card because alot of players will call your checkraise with a gutshot draw and youll be forced to checkfold the river. unless you have a strong read that he wont call a gutshot i dont like it. id rather checkraise the flop. delayed bluffs out of position are rarely ever good plays. you said hes raising any king or ace preflop so your checkraise has no folding equity. i sincerely doubt he folds a pair. the only better hand that could fold is queen high.

i think you have an easy river fold in hand 3. i agree with etizzle that hes not checking king high or other hands on this board. most importantly however, if you think your hand is strong enough to call a river bet because his hand range is so large then checking the flop is a huge mistake.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:48 PM

oh btw capping the turn with the pair of 6s makes no sense. forgot to mention that. id call down.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:11 PM

Hand 1: I would have called the flop 3-bet and called down if I had the read that this player would 3-bet all aces and pairs preflop. Did you end up chopping with a better/worse nine?

Hand 2: Similar to hand 1, it seems okay if you have the read that he will raise all aces and pairs preflop. Still, I think the turn cap is excessive. You're mostly beating a bluff so get an extra bet on him by letting him continue to bluff the river. I think I would have called the three bet and check-raised the river.

Hand 3: That seems like a good flop for you. I would have bet the flop or raised the turn. On the river, it seems like a raise is almost better than a call because you might get him to fold all the middle pairs. How wide is his preflop thee-betting range? KQ, KT, QT?, Q9?, T9s?, 98s?,... it has to be pretty wide to make that river call profitable.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
capping hand 1 is ridiculous against all but the most insane opponents. after playing 10 minutes theres no way you could know he doesnt have an ace on this board or even a 9 with a better kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't it appear that this opponent will 3 bet any ace here PF? I agree that a 9 w/ a better kicker is possible, but I like the cap. Although the turn lead starts to set off alarms.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:22 PM

First of all, he was asked to post the hands, and he simply said that the hands, if put into context with the rest of the HU hands, were fine in his opinion. There's nothing wrong with that at all. Relax.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I would have called the flop 3-bet and called down if I had the read that this player would 3-bet all aces and pairs preflop. Did you end up chopping with a better/worse nine?

Hand 2: Similar to hand 1, it seems okay if you have the read that he will raise all aces and pairs preflop. Still, I think the turn cap is excessive. You're mostly beating a bluff so get an extra bet on him by letting him continue to bluff the river. I think I would have called the three bet and check-raised the river.

Hand 3: That seems like a good flop for you. I would have bet the flop or raised the turn. On the river, it seems like a raise is almost better than a call because you might get him to fold all the middle pairs. How wide is his preflop thee-betting range? KQ, KT, QT?, Q9?, T9s?, 98s?,... it has to be pretty wide to make that river call profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: he had 65s, might have been 65o.

Hand 2: he folded so I didnt get to see.

Hand 3: river was a gamble call, in that a couple hands before he had 3 bet KQs and had done the same thing when they hit the flop UI. Of course he did the same thing with TT when he flopped a set...but the difference when he flopped his set he also checked to me on the turn. And he also did this to me with AA. So 2/3 of the time he checked both the flop and turn he had something. The 1/3 of the time he checked the flop, and bet the turn...he had overs UI. I forgot to mention this obviously, but I did hate the river card, alot. It was still a gambool move. Anyway, I got lucky in the fact he had QTs.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Hand 2

I love how you played this hand. There is no way this guy has an Ace here at all he would be trying to pimp you preflop not completing. On the turn you have the *top pair* out of the holdings he could have. Hammer him while he tries to fake an ace here.

River = easy

His fold also tells us there is no Ace in his hand as preflop/flop action would have dictated.

NH