Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: real common situation.

[ QUOTE ]

3. You give him a chance to fold overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he will call the turn with overs when you raise the flop and fold them if you raise the turn wouldn't raising the flop be better? Don't you want him to call with overs there?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:51 PM

My standard line would be to raise the flop and continue betting the turn and river. If he 3 bets the flop I would cap then call down if he continues betting the turn and river.

I'm a pretty aggressive blind stealer and good players play back at me from the blinds with marginal holdings. I like raising the flop in this situation because the SB is more likely to call down with his middle pair or decent Ace to a flop raise. Waiting for the turn to raise allows him to get away from his holdings that I am way ahead of.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:19 PM

I mix it, but probably raise the flop more often than the turn as I semibluf more on the flop than the turn.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

uhh. thanks for clearing it up guys.

i called the flop and the turn was the k [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming he bets out, I think you should stick with your plan and raise (was that your plan?) He's likely to ditch hands that you wouldn't mind a call from, but he could still call down lightly thinking that you are semi-bluffing the Ace of Hearts. If he 3-bets, you are getting 10-1 on the initial call but the Jh and Qh don't seem very clean. It would seem like about 1-2 effective outs and I think you can fold. If he's the type that can semibluff three-bet this turn, then I would only call the initial bet.