Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Common errors and leaks in u\'r game that u\'ve discovered recently?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm too timid preflop when I'm not running well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup.

Also, I play raise/fold too much.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Common errors and leaks in u\'r game that u\'ve discovered recently?

[ QUOTE ]

I'm calling too much with marginal hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

and I'm generally overaggressive in the face of adversity.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:22 PM

I was letting my excitement get the best of me when the hand was going my early and didn't keep up my read of the board and got myself into tough spots I should have easily avoided. I'm doing a lot better on that one.

I still have a problem with playing too long. I'm doing so-so on stopping this one. I need to set a timer or something.

I'm definitely uncomfortable playing overcards. Work in progress.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:39 PM

My river play sucks. I think I check too much and I lose lots of bets on the river. I need to up my river AG.

I have HUGE problems with overcards. I don't know what to do sometimes.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:44 PM

I sometimes miss who the preflop raiser was, so if I'm in MP and flop a hand, I don't know whether to bet out or check raise.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:46 PM

I misplay overcards when the field is largish (3+ to the flop). I'm doing reasonably well at fixing this, but still need to work on it.

I've developed Fancy Play Syndrome lately. I need to simplify my game back down.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:53 PM

I might give implied odds to bad players.

But I need to figure out just whhat that means...
Old 12-02-2005, 03:51 PM

I took a look at the net for all my starting hands, and BY FAR the worst losing hand I had was KQo. My vow was to fix that hand, and I think I've done that.

I've also been working on not only increasing my aggression, but doing it in the right places.

I managed a 1.6BB/100 over 11k hands in Nov, as oppossed to 0.4BB/100 previously. While I may be on a nice upswing, I feel better about my game overall.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:55 PM

I keep donating to bad-passive players in short-handed games when I have 2 big overcards and they have bottom pair.

My solution is to bet, get in my car, drive to their house, slap them with a raw fish, & then click the fold button for them.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I overvalue overcards on the flop. I raise with overs+weak draws way too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a great post about playing over cards posted by Nate tha Great, I'll see if I can find it. But it basically talks about how people are raising too ofen w/ ui overs on the flop, Nate challenges people to find a good spot to raise, and most have trouble. It really helped me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone link this post? I'd love to read it ...