Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Stomping around in 10/20

KJs handed. I like the 3-bet preflop. On the flop, that player has a high spade more often than a better king or a flush. I like to pop a non-spade turn when your equity is much better against the likely draw (more bets/higher equity), and this type of LAG is always going to lead the turn after you call the flop. You would have to call down a turn three bet as well against many 10/20 LAGs.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:51 PM

6 minute mark with the J7o in the SB. I think you also need to 3-bet that flop. I tend to error on the side of aggression in these blind battles, especially on the flop.

By the way, the river value bet was great in that hand.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6 minute mark with the J7o in the SB. I think you also need to 3-bet that flop. I tend to error on the side of aggression in these blind battles, especially on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a perfect flop call so I could turn check raise. I realize that the 3rd king was the worst card to try a check raise on though, so I should have changed my plan, and led the turn.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KJs handed. I like the 3-bet preflop. On the flop, that player has a high spade more often than a better king or a flush. I like to pop a non-spade turn when your equity is much better against the likely draw (more bets/higher equity), and this type of LAG is always going to lead the turn after you call the flop. You would have to call down a turn three bet as well against many 10/20 LAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't know why I wussed out so much in this hand. If you notice, I kinda wanted to even fold the flop. You give conflicting advice though. Do you 3-bet or wait and pop the turn? I like popping the turn, although I only called [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 11-28-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't know why I wussed out so much in this hand. If you notice, I kinda wanted to even fold the flop. You give conflicting advice though. Do you 3-bet or wait and pop the turn? I like popping the turn, although I only called

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, I would have waited and popped the turn because it gets more bets in when your equity is much higher against the villain's most likely holding.