Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: This message is:
Pure altruism. Cyndie has nothing to gain from this, even though it is operated through her site. 1 3.70%
Other 26 96.30%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Here is the message. You decide

That makes JEK's signature is spam, even if it is technically within Mat's rules.

that sounds about right - Mat seems to allow most signatures as long as they are not direct links
Old 12-01-2003, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Buy Banner space like everyone else you cheap whore

I agree. Cyndie is too cheap to buy her own banner ads.

Old 12-01-2003, 11:09 PM

i've been called a lot of things but cheap is a first

thank you
Old 12-01-2003, 11:14 PM

Cyndie wasn't ready to post any of this and was trying to check with a few long time posters about how to do it...but has already contacted conjelco...the people in charge of banner space and will have a banner soon. Checked about a month or two ago when I fist thought of the idea...Waiting on banners...wasn't ready to talk about it when all Heck broke loose.

Mike knows I was not trying to spam him...If he thought about the FYI heading...and the myriad of PMs we have exchanged, but it doesn't seem to be convenient that he would think I was asking him for his opinion, not soliciting him...so I give up.

Old 12-01-2003, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Buy Banner space like everyone else

Mike knows I was not trying to spam him...If he thought about the FYI heading

Yes, the heading was:

"FYI...you can get up to 35% on YOUR play..."

The full content was:

" ...at wwwdotxxxdotcom you can get 10% back and players can get 10 to 30% back PAID BY THE SITE...automatically...no hassles with hiding or estimating or juggling...
This is a xxx/xxx skin with high quality professional software!
Get your friends to email infoatcyndie'ssitedotcom to protect them as YOUR referrals...have them CC YOU!"

but it doesn't seem to be convenient that he would think I was asking him for his opinion, not soliciting him...

Sorry? Where in that was I supposed to think you were asking me for an opinion and not trying to solicit me?

I must have missed it - it read like classic spam to me. My mistake.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:43 PM

We have exchanged so many PMs I really thought you would know...and then when I told you I only sent out 21 and most of those were not only solicited, but to friends...and I was excited about the site where players could get rebates legitimately...and the fact you didn't know...I wasn't even ready to talk except to a few people who I thought owuld understand...however Terry's subject line read I know you don't like affiliate programs...I thought this might be so different from most that he would actually approve...and he had mentioned the dislike, in prior PMs so I really thought he would see the purpose was to get his opinion on the program...not sell him on it.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:12 AM

Cyndie: This is something that many people have discussed ...you and I have discussed it in PM...

False. We have not discussed this in PM. I stated to her in PM that I am “adamantly and vociferously opposed to affiliate programs of any sort.”

Cyndie: at least Mike had the courtesy to say something in PM

I do not like spam. I do not simply ignore it. I attempt to track down the sender and report them to their ISP whenever I receive it.

vehn_:I've received several unwanted extremely in depth PMs from her which I summarily ignore, just like her posts.

She started flooding me with flattering PMs a couple of months ago. I stopped responding when she sent one that read like a bio on an internet dating site. I guess that’s one of her “buttering up” methods.

kdog: OK, could someone please tell me when rake rebate offers from site operators became spam?

It is spam when it is sent to a private mailbox, it is unsolicited, and it involves monetary gain for the sender. It is not at all unusual for said spam to promise monetary gain to the recipient, nor for it to be labeled “FYI”.

Cyndie: I really thought he would see the purpose was to get his opinion on the program...not sell him on it.

I posted the entire message, and so did Mike Haven. Does anyone see the part where she asks for my opinion?

Does anyone feel that once she attacked my credibility by saying that I had misrepresented her message that I had any choice but to post that message, whether she was ready or not?

Does anyone think the right thing to do about spammers is to just ignore them and let them go about their business?

Does anyone remember that she has been banned from this forum previously for doing the very same thing?
Old 12-02-2003, 02:34 AM

Ms Teflon-coated Spammer we got here. I get misty eyed just reading this post. Sniff. You should be doing spin-control for the Republicians.

MS Sunshine
Old 12-02-2003, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Anybody else getting PM SPAM from CYNDIE?

[ QUOTE ]
Cyndie User old hand 12/02/03 10:39 AM Composing a private message

[/ QUOTE ]

Be afraid , VERY afraid!
Old 12-02-2003, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who comes to the forum and starts punting their own site or product for their own financial gain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That makes JEK's signature is spam, even if it is technically within Mat's rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

All my sig states is my position and affiliation with my site. I am not using it to "punt my own site or product for my own financial gain." I don't state what services or content are on my site in my sig, just that I'm associated w/BW.com so that everyone who reads my posts knows where I'm coming from. I don't advertise in my sig, I let my paid banner do that.

IMO, if you wanted to make an example of someone who spams in their sig, I think you could make a much better case with any of the myriad of people offering rake rebates in their sigs. I don't think my sig fits any definition of spam.
Closed Thread