Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 08:05 PM

Default If you are going to grunch, at least read the bloody thread afterwards

This is just a little rant about grunching. Its all very well, useful, helpful to your game and all that, but quite honestly, if you are going to do it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the thread afterwards, and chime in with some relevant comments after you've heard what everyone else had to say. It seems like people are grunching for the sake of it, and then moving on to the next one without thinking about it. Also, there is quite often a meaningful, profound discussion going on, which has already looked at several points of view. Why not add to this after you have posted your kneejerk reaction? It would help your game even more to get involved in some serious examinations of the hand, rather than just saying "I fold preflop, raise the flop and bet the turn, folding to a raise." That is all.

PS This has nothing to do at all with me spending ages on a post
and then having it bypassed.

PPS, I know you are all going to hate me (even more???) but this had to be said.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: If you are going to grunch, at least read the bloody thread afterw

Everyone does that, don't whine only because no one bothered to reply to your post.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:11 PM

Fair enough, in truth this is a bit of a whine. But, that being said, I would really like to see more full on discussions in the micros, instead of just standard kneejerk responses. If you have a different line to someone, argue with him FFS. It doesn't matter who they are, or how many posts they have, I'm sure you will learn something from it.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:15 PM

Are you talking to me? I'm always grunching and then arguing all the time.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:17 PM

No no, nothing personal, just a general rant (with good intentions of course.)
Old 08-03-2005, 08:19 PM

Point taken.

Maybe one could split the answer in a grunch and discussion part.

KindŽaŽlike:

Grunching: blah blah blah

-----------------------------------

Discussion: blah blah blah, im smarter than you, blah blah blah

/Torben
Old 08-03-2005, 08:21 PM

was gonna post a thread concerning replies. But it was about the clarity/Layout.

Preflop:
Flop:
Turn:
is alot easier than a paragraph. Or even colour text below the qoted hand (Edit the hand).

Saves poeople havin to roll up or go back feww pages to refer to the actuall hand.

p.s. You'll hate me too, But aslong as you reply to my hands i love you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (And keep trying to prove me wrong will help my game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 08-03-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: If you are going to grunch, at least read the bloody thread afterwards

[ QUOTE ]
This is just a little rant about grunching. Its all very well, useful, helpful to your game and all that, but quite honestly, if you are going to do it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the thread afterwards, and chime in with some relevant comments after you've heard what everyone else had to say. It seems like people are grunching for the sake of it, and then moving on to the next one without thinking about it. Also, there is quite often a meaningful, profound discussion going on, which has already looked at several points of view. Why not add to this after you have posted your kneejerk reaction? It would help your game even more to get involved in some serious examinations of the hand, rather than just saying "I fold preflop, raise the flop and bet the turn, folding to a raise." That is all.

PPS, I know you are all going to hate me (even more???) but this had to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should fold the turn UI against an unknown. Do you see why?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:48 PM

What have I ever done to you....
Old 08-04-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: If you are going to grunch, at least read the bloody thread afterwards

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should fold the turn UI against an unknown. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahah, funny.

Seriously, the hamster has a point. I often grunch, then read the thread. Realize I got nothin' else and move on. So don't hate all us grunchers. If the discussion is already pretty well covered, what do you want?

I do dislike "fold pre-flo, bet the turn, fold the river" posts. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY tell us WHY do you recomend your line?

If you aren't Slansky saying "do you see why?" is stealing his schtick.

-D