Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: 20-40 in tunica; got my fat ast kicked.

hi el diablo

thanks, i needed that.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:54 AM

Welcome back.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:03 AM

Wow, I think we played when I was down there (Dec. 19-22). I played 20-40 almost the whole time and on my last night (Tuesday the 21st), I had a monster session where I won like 1800 (I was a young out of towner, early 20's). The guy I'm thinking of (if it was you) seemed to be on a TERRIBLE RUN, pitching cards in at rocket speed, saying things like "JESUS" and "These Rivers are UNBELIEVABLE." But I could tell one thing about him...he had game and played really well despite some MAJOR suckouts against him in huge pots. We all know your a good player and things will be righted eventually. Stay strong. Let me know if it was you since Im curious now (I think you were 40's, sitting in something like the 3 seat).

Jeff
Old 01-13-2005, 01:06 AM

If he looks like the guy in my post above, you found your man.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:07 AM

hi magoo

it just seemed like they showed up specifically to see me get beat. i'm more pissed off at myself for giving them the opportunity to see me at my worst. i told them all to get f'd. if they want to see me get beat so bad, why don't they come down to the table and get a little piece of me themselves? why? because they tried that already and wound up on the rail. during the 2 1/2 months i was there, i played every day for 15 hours or more each day. the player in the room that came in secoond behind me in total hours had only half as many hours. i didn't bust out like the hundreds of others i saw come and go, i had to leave because i had more pressing issues to tend to here in miami. plus i missed my dog. bad cards and stupidity prevented me from winning, but i didn't bust out. i will be back....i hope. i hope i'm just a naive jerk and not a total loser.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:28 AM

Clark,

I enjoy your posts -- but graphics from that movie should never be seen. My eyes deserve an apology. As does my mind, for reminding me of that abomination that I had thankfully repressed. Now it's all on the surface again, and I fear I shant not sleep.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 01-13-2005, 02:35 AM

hi jeff

i think i said "geez" a lot, and did throw a few cards around. i try not to get GOD angry me, at least not during a bad streak. did you hear this dude scream at the top of his lungs, 'you motherf'ing river!'? that then was me. who can take that kind of rivering for months? jeff, i thought that it was mathematically impossible to be rivered so many consecutive times by so few outs over and over again. on the other hand, my draws were failing to complete at an almost equally devestating rate. i just couldn't believe that it was happening. now it wasn't all bad luck. mr. elysium also contributed greatly to his debacle. the final two weeks of my session found me stitching up areas of my game that i regretfully have had to terminate. my game now has had a street smartness pulverized into it that was never there before, and also now poses a far more dangerous challenge to my opponents than ever before. i have to admit though that it's still no match for bad luck. if the 2 and 3 outers river me against the flow, i lose. on that day, i will have to eat my share of crow, feathers and all, sometimes with a seltzer, and also sometimes unfortunately without.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:38 AM

"my game now has had a street smartness pulverized into it that was never there before"

I like it! You are ready to get back on the horse.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:00 AM

hi ben

gee, was that you? it was good to see you. hopefully the holiday season was a good one for you.

i'm back here in miami for a little while. have a lot to do before hitting it again, but the LORD willing ben, i will be back at the table soon.

i don't know what makes the tunica 20-40 such a swinging you know what. the players who like to river a lot seem to have an endless supply of cash to do it with. they keep coming and coming. then, there is the mix of very good players to whom the fish quickly fall victim with their river earnings. as long as the cards aren't running horribly, the game is rosy. when they run badly there though, in tunica you must play a diamond quality game to avoid a shellacking. i saw many good players lose a lot of money very quickly. in tunica, its sink or swim.

i know that commerce also has a tough game with a lot of pitfalls for the uninitiated. is commerce more dangerous than tunica? i don't know. all i know is that everyone pretty much agrees that tunica poses a tough challenge for even great players.

dang it, i let them beat me. it took a horrendous run, but i am to blame anyway. i need to improve it a little.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:06 AM

I saw this same thing when I was there -- I bet the next three times you go you'll mop the floor with the competition. FAR too much action than is warranted and normally it's terrific but, absolutely, when you're running bad -- you'll REALLY run bad there, I guess.

Get 'em next time(s).

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com