Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: 20-40 in tunica; got my fat ast kicked.

hi ely

Welcome back, and I'm happy to say, for the first time ever, I understood one of your posts.

Sorry to hear about the run, we all know they happen, some more so than others. No worries though, relax a bit now that you're home and start back up again when you're ready, it will come back.

I've never experienced the railbird situation, at least you didn't throw a chair! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
DIE RIVER DIE!

Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 11:09 AM

Now that was an excellent ala ely reply! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 12:44 PM

Hi elysium,

Sorry to hear your luck didn't turn around. Enjoyed playing with you that day Thanksgiving weekend.

B.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:05 PM

Got to admit I've been wondering what the author of the classic line "belching aqua velva" has been up to.

It's easy to tell the forum when you do well. It shows much more to admit you came up short. You know this game too well to lose the race to the 2 and 3 out guys. Keep pushing.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:15 PM

Default About the railbirds . . .

I'm sorry about the bad run, but one thing to note:

If you are lettin' the railbirds get to ya, the no-money, no-skill, suck-off-society-and-the-misfortune-of-others, no-heart, ugly, broke morons get to ya, it's time pack it in. Don't even sit facing these idiots.

If you are paying any mind to them, it means your not focussed enough on your business, and it's time to wrap it up for that session.

TSP
Old 01-12-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: About the railbirds . . .

I played in that 20-40 game by the rail alot this month as well.
Before I had the bankroll though, when I was playing 10-20, I used to stand on the rail and watch some. Not for long stretches, but id catch a few hands while I was waiting on a seat just to see how the game looked...
That game almost always has some AWFUL beats getting turned over. Its a real good game, but the beats have been ungodly. One I remember from this last trip, I was actually in this pot, a 4-8 off suit UTG came tap tap for the 2nd nut straight in a capped preflop pot.
The 30-60 game over at gold strike had a nasty 4-7 beat this trip as well.

But anyway, in that game, the money will come back to your pocket. One of my friends won 30 grand in that game in under a month.
Note live action you are only getting out 30 hands per hour.

thats nuts.
Dont know the point of this response, just felt like talking. good day.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:41 PM

hi thomsen

thank-you.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:16 AM

It's also mathematically possible that the next time you walk out of your house, you will die from an eagle dropping a tortoise on your head.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:22 AM

I'll be there Friday night. Not sure if reading this makes me look more or less forward to it.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:43 AM

hi bart

thanks for the response. i blame myself for losing as much as i did the first month of my session. i played terribly. i got sucked into situations that i should have known were plays being made against me by opponents who realized that i had a bad habit of assuming that if my opponent played badly in one hand or other, that he played poorly in all subsequent such hands. some players always play poorly. but i was being set up by the good tricky opponents and then running into situations that had me paying off like a slot machine. and this happened numerous times. i just didn't have the experience to understand this particular tactic used by opponents who are easy to beat just once, maybe deliberately so, but who then are extremely tough to beat the second time around. all of these opponents came at me weak just the once, but then played at expert level from that point on. i just didn't see it coming, and by the time i countered, it was too late. there was nothing under my list of things to do at the table that could force these trickies to play badly like that again after i was aware of what was happening. yes, i wound up beating them, but in tiny little pinches, and of course, they knew that i knew and avoided mixing it up with me. i can beat gaylen, but how do i get gaylen to fight? my chips are in his lock box like permanently. they won't come out.

failure to understand that i was gullible enough to be played for a sucker combined with a horrendous bad run and riverings that had many experienced players saying that they have never seen anything like it, all culminated together all at once to produce a negative 15 thousand dollar trip. the bottom line; i was the sucker.

i hate losing.

thomsen, i am going to go back to the table and win. the beating i took has turned me into a great player; a knitter. math be damned.