Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 04:11 AM

Default 20-40 in tunica; got my fat ast kicked.

hi everyone

just getting back from a 2 1/2 months long session at the 20-40 in tunica. i put on about 20 pounds from all the sitting. and my hair....whew.

alright, alright....and i also cussed out loud and threw cards a lot, i know. and yes, i lost about 15 grand. let's see, what else did i do? oh, i think i may have flipped a couple people or two the bird who lined up on the rail every day and stared menacingly at me when i was losing but who went off looking for other prey to stare at those times when i was winning. the rail birds who like to watch you lose, you know? well, i flipped em off in the middle of one of my losing streaks at the height of their happiness.

that stinking rotten river. every frigging time! i mean every frigging time!! unfreaking believeable!! i got rivered every you know whating time!! by 2 and 3 outers over and over and over again. for 2 and a half months! it made me a much better player though.

during the final two weeks of my session, i got stronger. i thought i respected the challenge posed by this game at a fairly reasonable level, but the beating i took drove in the realization even deeper about how tough this game can be. instead of playing with the idea that there is some type of mathematical safety net in place to catch you if you should fall, actually you must play with the idea that even the math is dangerously volatile and cannot be depended upon. in the past, whenever i did anything goofy, i had the reassurance that the math would quickly come to my aid and dig me out. now however, i know that even when you play at an expert level, you may still need the mathematical safety net only it might not be there. it's fickle like that. 2+2 will always equal 4, but it might decide to equal 4 tomorrow, and you may need it to start equaling 4 a little now, like right now for crying out loud. and it stands there and stares at you.....2+2, 2+2....but it doesn't do anything, it doesn't equal when you need it to. the dang thing stops unfolding but you don't stop falling. and pow! you hit the ground belly first on top of a knarly mathematical safety net ball that eventually does unfold, but only after you splatter.

after a while, you find yourself sitting at the table forcibly knitting the the net that may not open into a personal parachute. will it open when you need it to? maybe, maybe it will at that. anyway, knitting keeps you out of trouble. do you see what this game can do to a man? that stinking rotten river....ouch.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Re: 20-40 in tunica; got my fat ast kicked.

its mathematically possible for you to never again win a hand for the rest of your life.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:31 AM

well nice to have u back missed your posts
Old 01-12-2005, 04:55 AM

Gee, and I really thought I was the only one that this type of crappy streak ever happened to. Generally the same type of beats in a similar game at the Bike that went on for four months. I was sure there was no safty net or I was truly a bad player and had been just lucky for the prior two years. That was two months ago and fortunately the net did open although my hourly has been slow to recover. That part of the math I don't like either.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:59 AM

These streaks are horrible but i almost feel better when i lose a bunch to 2 and 3 outters because it convinces me that i am a winning player and i am just running bad, rather than a losing player whop has run good.
dave
Old 01-12-2005, 05:00 AM

Next time you sit down at the table, they won't know what hit 'em. I predict a monster run in the immediate future. Have fun. Welcome back.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:55 AM

It's a wonder someone hasn't punched the lights out of one of those annoying railbirds in Tunica. Those idiots don't just casually watch then leave. They have a CREW of them, who LIVE on the rail, in that room.....yikes. There's a dealer in there, who spends more time on the rail, than he does, dealing or playing in games. That room should be partitioned, simply because of the railbird situation.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:30 AM

Sorry to see ya go sir. it's always a pleasure BS'ing with you.

To all the mothers in Florida: Hide your children, Elysium is back in town!!

Mr. B. I look forward to your next visit. Tho I may not be long for the area myself. We'll see.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:55 AM

Sorry to hear your Tunica trip wasn't that exciting -- I was there Christmas through New Years so we might've played against each other (I don't know who you are and no one flipped me off, so maybe we didn't, but, then again, I don't stare menacingly at anyone).

You know the drill, though, swings happen and I too would like to say that I've missed your posts and -- well, welcome back!

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 01-12-2005, 11:07 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Hi elysium-

Not good elysium, not good at all. Knitting is for nits, not for profound scholars such as yourselves. You must stop these things, no Knitting, math doesn't Knit. You must use the parachute, yes math skydives, it enjoys the terror. Pull the rip cord 2+2 times, if it doesn't work you packed it wrong.

Welcom Back.

-slavic