Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Pound him?

villian here has been jawing at me. he is like 38/3/2. he likes to try to outplay me, as can be seen by this hand....

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has Kc 9d (two pair, kings and eights).
Hero has Th Js (two pair, jacks and eights).
Outcome: MP wins 10.16 BB. </font>

What do you do on the turn here?
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero..........Call and let him bluff the river? 3-bet his ass? Call and pop the river? Thoughts?
Old 12-01-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Pound him?

3bet please

hand 1 is about the most damn aggravating thing in the world, BTW
Old 12-01-2005, 05:18 PM

hand 1 I play the same I just hate getting 3 bet on the turn if i raise it so i just call down. Hand 2 i would call and raise the river lots of donks like will fold to a 3bet it seems if they have nothing but will bluff and possible 3betbluff the river\a worse hand
Old 12-01-2005, 05:29 PM

Hand 0: are you DERG?

I'm ignoring the evil white text. BAD!!

Hand 1: I probably fold this pre-flop. If not that, then limp. I wouldn't raise it. It's a stealing hand. Nobody's going away. The rest of the hand seem standard. You are probably chopping. I would expect a typical donk villain to c/r the trips, or wait until the turn.

Hand 2: actually, I think we're ahead a lot, and so we should be 3-betting this turn. If he has the ace, he's not believing we have the king. That or it's 60/40 we have trips with a better kicker, so this is a value 3-bet. If he caps, then I think we have to call down and c/c the river. If he just calls the 3-bet, then we are leading the river.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:30 PM

It looks like A,K,flushdraw,44. The hands you beat are far more likely and he will call with the hands you beat. A cap sucks but whatever. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I raise this pre-flop too. If not that, then limp. I wouldn't fold it unless I turned into a little girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

edit: [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of hand 1 was to provide a read for hand 2.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I raise this pre-flop too. If not that, then limp. I wouldn't fold it unless I turned into a little girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I knew you had it in for me!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of hand 1 was to provide a read for hand 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh....
Old 12-01-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I knew you had it in for me!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey duder, I added the homoerotic smiley so you would know I was kidding

In all seriousness, MP is an horrendous player. We should be looking for oppurtunitues to play against this fellow, and folding JT on the button for one bet is just criminal IMHO. You're going to make a lot more money against this guy with JT than you will raising a solid player with a much better holding.

so now that we've decided to play, take a look at the blinds and try to judge how successful an iso raise will be. If the blinds are decent, I'm raising to try to isolate and take initiative. Initiative, position, bad players, yummy yummy. If a raise is just going to inflate the pot, limp behind. We should play this hand though.

someone link to the training wheels post for our buddy here?