Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 10:16 PM

Default NCAA 10/8 picks

Hi, first time poster looking to get into sports betting as a nice aside to poker. I know my college football, but I don't know the ins and outs of actually predicting a +EV bet, so I'm looking for some guidance...

West Virginia (-3.5) at Rutgers

West Virginia may not be as talented as VA Tech, but they certainly seem to have a solid core if they hung around VA Tech for as long as they did. Rutgers hasn't proved anything to me after beating Buffalo, Nova, and Pitt...seems like what is arguably the Big East's best team is only 3.5 point favorites over a team whose record probably doesn't reflect their talent level...does anyone see Rutgers winning?

Wake Forest at FSU (-21)

So Wake beat Clemson at home, but are they really good enough to hang within three scores of FSU on the road? Their only road game was at Nebraska, and they got blown away by a team that doesn't have a particularly prolific offense...Wake hasn't kept an opponent under 20 all year either. I'm definitely thinking FSU wins this one in a walk more than 50% of the time...

SDSU at UNLV (+9)

UNLV is pretty bad, but so is SDSU. Wins for SDSU over San Jose State and BYU (who looked flat out pathetic, I watched it) prove nothing. 9 points to a home underdog that is capable of scoring plenty with a spread offense seems like a reasonable bet. I guess what motivates me on this one is that there's no way I would give up 9 points to take SDSU in this game...agree?

Also thinking about Texas Tech (-4) at Nebraska, but I'd be banking on Tech's reputation for offense without actually seeing them play a game against a decent opponent. Anyone got better analysis on this than me?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: NCAA 10/8 picks

Replace FSU -21 with Tech -4 and I like it.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:25 PM

i think the wv pick is solid, im definitely playing it
Old 10-07-2005, 12:20 AM

No opinion on the WVU/Rutgers game. I largely discredit WVU's performance last week due to a huge rivarly game. Neither team is very good, but I kinda like Rutgers with momentum and a decent offense. FSU seems like a good bet although if it climbs above 21, I'll pass. I like NU +4 against TTech.

UNLV has the potential to score lots of points, but they don't have the personnel to do it, they suck, plain and simple. You can throw the home field advantage out the window because no one goes to the game. SDST's D has been playing well as of late and the beatings they took came at the hands of 2 solid clubs in UCLA and OSU. However, UNLV squeaked by Idaho and lost to the powerhouse that is Utah St. If you don't like the line, then I suggest going 53U, the last 2 matchups have been pretty ugly.