Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Drop your panties, Sir WIlliam, I cannot wait till lunchtime!

Comments?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 09-22-2004, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Drop your panties, Sir WIlliam, I cannot wait till lunchtime!

Raise the river. The chances of him having the case K are low.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:30 AM

I'm tempted to raise the river.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:45 AM

I like how you played it, and I'm not a fan of raising this river with no real reads. If MP3 is a LAG idiot, then fine, but otherwise, what hand would MP3 logically play like this that you have beat? Call the river.

Jon
Old 09-22-2004, 11:49 AM

1010, JJ, QQ to name a few. most players (somewhat correctly) are very reluctant to give you credit for trips on the flop, especially if you're a preflop raiser.

I remember a great post a while back on "what do the fish put you on." When you capped preflop, he put you on AK. when the 2 K's hit the flop, he put you on AQ.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:53 AM

If you treat every opponent as though they are an idiot, you are going to get yourself in big, big trouble. Would you put hero on AQ given how the hand played out? With no real reads, assume your opponent is typical or average until proven otherwise.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:54 AM

I don't think there is a riase on the river here. With no reads, the most reasonable hand for him is AK. He might play this way with pocket aces, but that is not a reason to raise here (plus that is even more unlikely than AK). I don't think most people would play this way with QQ or less.

Worse, if we are ahead he might not call our raise, but if we aren't he WILL 3-bet us and we would probably feel obliged to pay him off.

Just call it and say "nice hand".
Old 09-22-2004, 11:55 AM

My general feeling about quads is that they don't exist, so I raise the river here.

Really, there is no such thing as "4 of a kind." It's a just a scary bedtime story that mothers tell their sons so they don't grow up to be poker players.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really, there is no such thing as "4 of a kind." It's a just a scary bedtime story that mothers tell their sons so they don't grow up to be poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, you've never sat with bdk3clash. Good players like him are quite skilled at flopping the legendary quadizzles.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:03 PM

Your opp could have a king. But he could also have QQ-TT or 77. That is why you are calling down here, right? Well, when the king hits on the river I would dismiss the quads. I would bet out on the river and call a raise. Another line is to go for a checkraise. That is probably better since your opp will probably continue to show aggression.