Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2004, 09:38 PM

Default Re: They say it builds character...

Sounds right. I was certainly running well before this streak startet but not THAT well.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Let This Thread Die

I was going to until the last string of replies.

We aren't getting anywhere so sure. Let it die [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2004, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Let This Thread Die

Oh, one last thing.

Luckily I kept a very solid bankroll of 2000BB when this streak started so I was never in any danger of going bust. Not that I thought I would ever need that much but I just hadn't needed it for living expenses so hadn't withdrawn my winnings for a while.

What I'm trying to say is that I will never feel safe again with much less than 1000BB unless I'm willing to move down. I'm sure most of you who play for a living keep similar bankroll but if you don't its something to consider.

Anything can happen.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:56 PM

Default Re: They say it builds character...

The more I tell you I'm convinced that I'm a solid winning player the more you're going to think I'm in denial

You should really post in Probability and ask: how often should a player who wins at a rate of XBB/100 hands expect a -400BB swing, where X = -1, 0, 1, 2, and 3.

For what it's worth, I think the observation (danemania?) that you may be a fair-weather player may be on point. You may have an a-game that will win you good money, but you may be easily pushed off your a-game by bad results, and your off-game may be a d-game.

Everyone is telling you all they can when they say: this kind of streak in a game as beatable (if admittedly variable) as Party 2/4 is very rare, and gets rarer as you move from "I am a winning player at 0.1BB/100" to "I am a winning player at 2BB/100".