Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 07:46 PM

Default where to go from the 15/30

hey guys,

i've been playing poker for 5 years, but only for about 2 online. started out at 3/6 and gradually moved up to the 30/60. I find, though, that the 15/30 is generally a much better game. I'm comfortable playing at the 50 and 100, but those games look dreadful most of the time.

the thing is, the 30 is often pretty terrible too. seems like the place with all the mid-high tag multitablers. I've been so pressed to find good games lately that I've been spending the vast majority of my time at the 15 and even the 10.

I'm not really pleased with not moving up steadily, but my hours are limited in terms of playing time. so I guess my question is whether you all think I should be happy just playing the 15, occassionally the 30, and sometimes the 10, or whether I should really target the 30 with an eye to a move up. if it matters, I've got about 50k hands at each level from 3/6 through 15/30, and about 20k at 30/60, with maybe 5k hands higher than that. my winrate is above 2.5 at each, but it's substantially higher at the 15 than the 30 (3.8 vs. 2.7). smallish samples, I know. anyways, I feel confident about my ability to beat any of the games. my question is more about the best places for profit rather than the skill of the game.

thanks for any and all advice. great forum here.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: where to go from the 15/30

[ QUOTE ]
seems like the place with all the mid-high tag multitablers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic huh?

First of all I'd suggest increased study. Other than that play in games you feel comfortable. Everyone says Party is the softest. Move up when you and you BR are ready.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: where to go from the 15/30

Get accounts at other sites, and when you are doing your table selection look at those aswell as party. There are some VERY soft games at other sites.