Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* GG TD 2-7 tourney thread

I'm out in the bubble-bubble. Got 9873 in the BB, button raised, I decided to commit and went all-in predraw. I made my 9, but button made 87652.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:40 AM

Tapirboy, BClap, and joekr are the last 3 standing. T at about 32K, joker at 15K, BClap at 7K. BClap came back from a very short stack to make it to the money.

BClap goes all in after drawing 2/2, 1/1 with Tapirboy. Tapirboy stands pat on the last draw with 86542 and BClap is drawing dead to a T. He's out for a $74 third prize.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Final results

Final results:

14th: umizawa
13th: MartyMcFly
12th: bobman0330
11th: DeathsHead
10th: Pinhead
9th: cantraise
8th: Tom Bayes
7th: SwampThing
6th: byarger
5th: mgritter
4th: gobears
3rd: BClap ($74)
2nd: Tapirboy ($111)
1st: joekr ($185)

Tim had a much bigger stack when HU play started, but lost a couple of heartbreakers.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Final results

[ QUOTE ]
Final results:

14th: umizawa
13th: MartyMcFly
12th: bobman0330
11th: DeathsHead
10th: Pinhead
9th: cantraise
8th: Tom Bayes
7th: SwampThing
6th: byarger
5th: mgritter
4th: gobears
3rd: BClap ($74)
2nd: Tapirboy ($111)
1st: joekr ($185)

Tim had a much bigger stack when HU play started, but lost a couple of heartbreakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, two hugely blown HU matches in two days. I'm feeling great now. On the bright (dark) side, I'm 95% certain joekr is Phil Hellmuth.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: At the break

[ QUOTE ]

I think skipping the first level would probably make a better structure for more experienced players. The pots didn't seem that signifcant.

This structure is probably better for people who are just trying the game for the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think either dropping the chip count to 1000 or skipping the first level would be appropriate. However, I thought there was still interesting play at the higher levels so maybe skipping the first level is the better option so that the later rounds aren't chip-starved.

The tournament lasted about as long as I anticipated, but it really is too long to play on a regular basis (but cutting out the first 20 minutes would help.) As Tim commented, a four-hour tournament may not be particularly worth it compared to playing $2/$4 TD--- especially if all the strong players are missing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A shorter tournament might be OK to pay just 3 places as this one did. A 4-hour tournament should probably pay more places, though.

Thanks to everyone who participated.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:10 AM

I think pulling out the first level is reasonable, but add a level or two on the top. I would have liked more play after we got to headsup.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm out in the bubble-bubble. Got 9873 in the BB, button raised, I decided to commit and went all-in predraw. I made my 9, but button made 87652.

[/ QUOTE ]

In retrospect I was thinking like a NLHE player. I have nil folding equity on a reraise so it makes no sense to get my money in before the draw here; smooth calling would be better, and if Villian is on a steal and drawing three maybe he will fold after the 1st draw (unlikely), or give me a free card.

Unlike Hold'em, there is further information to be gained by not going all-in until the next round--- I could have folded and seen 5 more hands before being put all in by the next set of blinds.

Every time I play in a TD tournament or SNG I promise myself I'm only committing my short stack to a hand with position or a strong 1-card draw. Didn't keep that promise this time, either. On the other hand, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to wait for the blinds to pass before committing to a lousy hand, either.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:14 AM

For the most part I liked the structure, but it did feel a little slow. I agree that skipping the first level would've helped.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the bright (dark) side, I'm 95% certain joekr is Phil Hellmuth.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hell you say! Really? What makes you think this? (Never heard of him, but it seems odd he would be in a low buy in TD tourney on GG, or am I just being an idiot without a sarcasm detector?)
Old 08-12-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the bright (dark) side, I'm 95% certain joekr is Phil Hellmuth.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hell you say! Really? What makes you think this? (Never heard of him, but it seems odd he would be in a low buy in TD tourney on GG, or am I just being an idiot without a sarcasm detector?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim is just joking (jopking?) (joeking?) about the fact that joekr sat out for the first hour of the tournament and went on to win it. joekr is a GG regular, shows up pretty often at the low-limit DC tables, I think.