Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Tricky spot, yesterday\'s 500K

I still don't get why he ould raise min with Ax suited. It almost always is KK or AA!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess would be he got upset when the A came and ruined his KK, QQ, or JJ and he's now bluffing the big A.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my first thought as well... seems like I see this alot.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:58 PM

I lead out both times post flop (800 or so on the flop to take the lead back and 1200 or so on the turn because I hit my A)....the way it played out, you are faced with an all-in bet with all kinds of sketchy information. It looks like he hit his A and is way overplaying it, but its just as possible the the turn [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] caused him to overprotect his trips. I fold.

If you call he turns over, AQ, AK, 22, or 78s (in that order of probability).
Old 04-25-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't get why he ould raise min with Ax suited. It almost always is KK or AA!

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know. this might just be selective memory of seeing people make that reraise a few times. you're right though - my default read here is always AA/KK. but given that AA is unlikely and KK is really really dumb, i think it's Axs.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Results?? Tell us what happened?eom

eom
Old 04-25-2005, 04:06 PM

I can't think of anything villian could hold except AK.

Pre-flop seems to narrow the range down to something like AA/KK/AK.

After the bet on the flop and the push on the turn, I feel like AA is not likely at all. I don't see why he would push w/ KK either, it'd be very weird. It leaves AK.

I'd fold.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lead out both times post flop (800 or so on the flop to take the lead back and 1200 or so on the turn because I hit my A)....the way it played out, you are faced with an all-in bet with all kinds of sketchy information. It looks like he hit his A and is way overplaying it, but its just as possible the the turn [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] caused him to overprotect his trips. I fold.

If you call he turns over, AQ, AK, 22, or 78s (in that order of probability).

[/ QUOTE ]
I personally think there's about a 1% chance villain has a 7 here (seriously, what hand would he be min-reraising with that contained a 7?). I also think there's approximately a 0% chance villain has a full house. Again, I think a bluff here is much more likely than a monster (although I can see AK/AQ making this play).
Old 04-25-2005, 04:31 PM

I agree with this 100%. KK w/ an outside chance at AK
Old 04-25-2005, 04:33 PM

Sobe,

You gotta make this call man. If you arent comfortable making this call, then you should really consider folding preflop even though you are getting a rediculous price on the call. You cant justify calling preflop and folding here imo. There are sooo many hands that play this way that you beat... And given the fact that the opponent min raised preflop like that, he's almost definitely a poor player and any pocket pair (likely high) is a feasable holding.

I call instantly.

-Jason
Old 04-25-2005, 04:35 PM

Default OK, results

I wasn't sure where I was. To be honest, I almost folded preflop.

but his baby bet of 200 on the flop confused me. It lead me to believe he had missed the flop. Then the ace comes. I'm happy to see it as I really can't put him on a 7.

So when I check and he pushes, I'm confused. Why would he push with AK or AQ there? with AK he has a monster essentially and is only behind to a 7. So it seems to me AK is unlikely and AQ is also unlikely.

So maybe he has a middle pair and now he's trying to represent either a big ace or a 7. Or perhaps he has a weaker ace?

Well, the min-reriase preflop should have set off warning bells but it didn't.

I called and he turned over AA.

But did he make a good play? the case ace hit the board! how many hands that I could have can I call that turn bet with? not very many! so most of the time he's going to get a fold and make no additional money. That is why I had a hard time putting him on a hand that beat me. Because I think playing AA-AQ this way is bad.

But he crippled me and I was out with AJ 2 hands later.

oh well.

-Scott