Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Wynn 5/10 NL Deepstacks

This game got a lot tougher during the world series, but still had its moments if you sat at the right time. There were two minimum buy-in players ($500) one of which didn't know what he was doing, and the other being a tight young kid who looked like he was playing a short stack well. Most other people had between $1000-2000. Villain in this hand has ~6K and I have him covered. We are the two big stacks. It's been a relatively TAG game since the two small stacks sat.

Villain opens UTG for $40.

In this type of game, I know villain well enough to assume he would go for a limp-raise with any big pocket pair and loves to lead out in EP with suited connecters. He will limp with any pocket pair (~75% sure of this) in current game conditions. He does not want to be hit with reverse implied odds and be playing AA out of position deep stacked against a large field.

Hero calls on the button with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] as does the BB(~1200).

Three see a flop ($125) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The BB leads out for $80 and Villain makes it $200 to go. Hero makes it $600. BB folds and Villain re-raises to $1800. He isn't the type to slowplay even on a flop like this if he the nut strait.

Villain respects my play and knows I could have a big hand. Whats your line and if your line means action on future rounds, how would you play those rounds?
*EDIT: Forgot to mention the game is 9 handed if you were curious.