Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: I Tried Mushrooms...

You can order all kinds of spores off the internet. There are links at the shroomery. Spores are legal in most states (i think there are two states that have outlawed spores). They only become illegal once you grow them. So you are in the clear to order them.
AFOAF said this is a good place to find them
Ralphster's
Old 11-04-2005, 03:18 PM

since they're legal, any suggestions for a first-time? I want something mild.
/\
yes, I am a --> \/ about this stuff
Old 11-04-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Set & Setting

Also remember to do what the mushrooms tell you, at least in reason. If they say go to another room, go there. If they say go on a walk do it. You have introduced a poison into your brain and it will want to do things. Plus going on walks is real fun when on shrooms.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since they're legal, any suggestions for a first-time? I want something mild.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mushrooms are illegal in all states in the U.S. (as far as I know). Someone talking about legality was referring to the spores (usually) being legal to possess, since the spores don't contain any of the hallucinogenic compounds (psylocin and psylocybin).

Regarding mildness, if you can, get some from a batch that someone you know/trust has already tried. Potency can vary drastically as wild picked shrooms will usually be much less potent than cultivated strains.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Set & Setting

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard of anyone puking from any Psilocybe mushrooms which are what you'll find most commonly available. I'm sure some of the other hallucinogenic types could have negative gastrointestinal effects (Amanita?).

As far as bad tripping goes, you can avoid that by paying particular attention to your "set and setting". Set being your mindset and setting being your environment.

Set. Make sure you feel good that day. If you're sick, feel depressed, are stressed out, emotional, or have something negative weighing on your mind, you might want to put off your first trip. Once you know what to expect and how you react, you don't have to be so picky. Also make sure your body feels good and you're not sick.

Setting. Be comfortable. It's easy to become paranoid, so don't be anywhere where you might interact with people you don't know (at least on your first time). Being outdoors is the best.

The best rule I was taught before tripping my first time: Remember, if you get scared or start to freak, just tell yourself: "I feel like this because I ate mushrooms. I'm okay. In couple hours I will be back to normal. Have fun with it."

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very good advice - worth quoting for emphasis. I'd also like to recommend a sober sitter for your first time or on a high dose. I've eaten a lot of mushrooms, and there have definitely been times when I wish there was someone to remind me it was all a trip, and that home surgery is a bad idea when sober let alone high.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:21 PM

i used to cultivate magic mushrooms and eat them in their freshest state. amazing trips. i would hook my my little sisters friends and have them giving me massages all night, saying how much we all loved each other etc....oh man it ruled!

i have also done a lot of acid and will say muhrooms were a lot better. every single time i took acid i would end up in bed praying it would end soon. that never happened with shrooms, defiintly my most mellow drug experiance with physedelics.

two thumbs up in my book [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 05:51 PM

I haven't done shrooms for many years. My best trip was in Chesler Park in Canyonlands National Park.

This was during a solo backpack trip in October of 1980 or thereabouts. I had a bag of dried shrooms with me (I don't remember the weight 1/2 Oz. mayber) . The day before the great trip, I had eaten about a third of the bag while hiking to Druid Arch:

but only got a mild buzz. So I ate the rest of the bag the day of the trip. I remember seeing the rock fins as giant hands and getting completetly lost in the sunset. I was just staring at the horizon and grooving on the image, almost unaware of who or where I was. It's almost impossible to desribe, but it was probably the most intense high I ever had.

I enjoyed both acid and shrooms. They are very similar higgs, but I usually wanted to be phisically active when doing acid, and usually just wanted to sit and groove when on shrooms. I always felt like crap the day after doing acid, but always felt fine the day after doing shrooms.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:41 PM

yeah, I grew up sheltered and [censored], so the idea of harder drugs scares the poo outta me, but I researched shrooms' side effects, and other than a bad trip and/or nausea, it seems they are without them.

So Im gonna try it out...

btw, for anyone who grows, is there a soil to grow them in that doesnt smell like poop?

Thanks for helpin a noobie out.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:49 PM

if you decide to try it, add alittle nitrous in with the trip. You will find heaven for about 2 minutes. And it will feel ike 10 or 20. I found the tree of life that way.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:49 PM

btw, for anyone who grows, is there a soil to grow them in that doesnt smell like poop

they are grown in canning jars at first, then when they start to mature are taken out and placed in an aquarium type setting. smell is never an issue, iirc.