Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: PokerStars VIP Status

My question is why do No limit players get screwed? NL rake is equivalent to their competitors. Limit players get reduced rake. Tourney players get points. Why the heck dont NL players get anything? Basically NL on PokerStars is equivalent to every other site minus rakeback...
Old 12-18-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is why do No limit players get screwed? NL rake is equivalent to their competitors. Limit players get reduced rake. Tourney players get points. Why the heck dont NL players get anything? Basically NL on PokerStars is equivalent to every other site minus rakeback...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Jones wrote the Limit HE book. Maybe he just doesn't particularly care for NL?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Jones wrote the Limit HE book. Maybe he just doesn't particularly care for NL?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's because NL is so hot now that it takes care of itself. They don't need to offer promotions for it.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:57 AM

If NL players cared about rake, they wouldn't be playing NL.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If NL players cared about rake, they wouldn't be playing NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I care about rake and I play NL. However, it has a much smaller impact on my winnings than it does at limit. At the lower limits of NL you're only going to pay lots of rake in the pots that you win a high percentage of the time. At higher limits it doesn't matter as much because it will be lower than 5% of every pot.

...I'd still like a lower rake though. Maybe 3% or $2 max?
Old 12-19-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. And bonuses suck for NL players too.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limit players get reduced rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you elaborate please? did you mean that stars charge less than other sites? or that rake is generally lower for limit then for NL? something else? cannot make sense of this "reduced rake" idea, sry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and I am a limit player...
Old 12-19-2005, 03:33 PM

The way rake is taken out of no limit pots results in more rake being taken long term in NL.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Limit players get reduced rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you elaborate please? did you mean that stars charge less than other sites? or that rake is generally lower for limit then for NL? something else? cannot make sense of this "reduced rake" idea, sry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and I am a limit player...

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight from PokerStars FAQ...

Note also that our rake is substantially lower than our main competitor’s, especially for low and mid-limit fixed-limit games (as was pointed out elsewhere on these pages). For example, our rake is lower by:

39% for $.50/$1
20% for $1/$2
16% for $2/$4
14% for $3/$6
10% for $5$10

Compare that to their NL rake structure in comparison to their competitors (aka Party).

0% for $.50/$1
0% for $1/$2
0% for $2/$4
0% for $3/$6
0% for $5$10

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 12-20-2005, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Compare that to their NL rake structure in comparison to their competitors (aka Party).

0% for $.50/$1
0% for $1/$2
0% for $2/$4
0% for $3/$6
0% for $5$10

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]

Not *entirely* correct but essentially yes. On Stars a $2 pot is only raked 5c, but on Party it is raked 10c. Reason being that Party rake the total pot size including the rake already taken but we don't. It's a very small difference, but a difference none-the-less!

Rom