Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 10:14 AM

Default At what level of live NL are half the players professionals?

My guess would be less than half at 2/5 and more than half at 5/10.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: At what level of live NL are half the players professionals?

Ive only played live a few times, but from what Ive seen, I would say that there are close to zero $2/$5 NL players playing for a living.

Maybe theres a few but everytime Ive played it, the players are absolutely horrible. At least in the max buy in games.

Im sure the no max buy in is quite a different story, although when I played it at the Horseshoe in Vegas, more than half the table was clueless.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:39 AM

I ran into a fair amount of "professionals" at 2/5 NL in vegas. A lot of them are either guys who are switching from limit over to NL and starting small or guys just waiting for a bigger game to start.

Id say maybe 2-3 per a table max.

This summer I will be on of those "professionals" I guess you could say....Im packing now for my month stay there.

-JP
Old 05-07-2005, 12:53 PM

20/40 and higher. There is something seriously wrong if you think a professional is playing 2/5 or 5/10, unless he is playing 6 tables of it online. Even then, something is funny.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20/40 and higher. There is something seriously wrong if you think a professional is playing 2/5 or 5/10, unless he is playing 6 tables of it online. Even then, something is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are thinking of limit. At the Tropicana in AC the biggest NL game is 10/20. In NL the numbers refer to the blinds and the pots can get a lot bigger in relation to the blinds.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are thinking of limit. At the Tropicana in AC the biggest NL game is 10/20. In NL the numbers refer to the blinds and the pots can get a lot bigger in relation to the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The man knows what he's talking about.

How much can you really make at a 2/5 NL live game when you're only playing 20 hands/hour? $25/hour?
Old 05-07-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20/40 and higher. There is something seriously wrong if you think a professional is playing 2/5 or 5/10, unless he is playing 6 tables of it online . Even then, something is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can easily see how you can't make much a living off of 2/5 live, but online...i know guys that made 100k last year playing $100NL on party, just 4 tabling the 6max.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:31 PM

Trust me. I'm not thinking about limit. I've played in several 2/5 games across the country, there are ZERO professionals in these games, unles they are playing to just blow off steam (i.e. PP)

As for online, yes, someone could make a decent living multitabling 5/10. But if I was a professional, that would seem rather mind numbing and I'd probably rather be playing 25/50.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:09 PM

I have watched the 10/20 no limit game, and although I saw some bad play, I am quite convinced the majority were pros. 10/20 NL is atleast the equivalent of 40/80 limit.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:16 PM

i have a friend who is a pro and plays predominately the 2/5 at Bellagio and the equivalent game at Wynn. He told me there is probably on average 2 or 3 pros or semipros at a typical table.