Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-27-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Any reasons not to get this computer?

[ QUOTE ]
the , system build out, the specs they use ,the OS standards, the applications they install and the company in general

Hey if it was all just a case then you can get any pc, by all means go buy an e-machine

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.. not to mention companies like Dell and Gateway design the chip set and most importantly, the BIOS.... Dell is pretty good at it, Gateway SUCKS at it. Don't buy Gateway...ever!

Mars
Old 12-27-2005, 04:43 PM

If you want a computer either build your own or get a Dell.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:47 PM

Lol they design the chipset eh? Bwahahah no.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the , system build out, the specs they use ,the OS standards, the applications they install and the company in general

Hey if it was all just a case then you can get any pc, by all means go buy an e-machine

It's like saying buying an 6 cyl car with the same horepower should all be the same, its just a shell...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, no. Software and OS specs are moot because you should obviously reformat any computer upon receiving it. But system build out and specs? What does that even mean? The processor and RAM are not something that can be inflated by faulty specs, it either is or isn't what it says.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol they design the chipset eh? Bwahahah no.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, quit flaming people for no [censored] reason. every post i've read of yours is just telling them they are wrong with nothing to back it up. if i wanted advice from a 8 yr old, i'd go ask an 8 year old.

good day, sir.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:53 PM

Ok, here is to back it up. Intel Pentium D is a socket LGA775 designed by Intel. That is all it can be, and your chipset has that exact socket. It's not proprietary beyond Intel.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For starters its a gateway,
2nd I dont like the multimedia PC's [the windows Media edition crap] I'd rather pay more and get a Buiness series computer and add what I want. I personally like the HP/CPQ PC's and add the sound card, hot vid card, etc etc . Usually there more reliable.

However, if someone points you to Dell or this, get this, Dell is far worse, any one whos done IT longer then a day will tell you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Another thing, do I need 2GB of RAM? I like to have a lot of programs up at once, and will play lots of games on it, but I think this may be excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Games like WOW are already being noted to make very good use of 2 gigs, and supposedly it's not alone. This will continue to be the trend.

I like to keep multiple things going on all the time too, and find even web browsing can eat up a ton of RAM very quickly. I also like to play games, especially RTS's, which notoriously devour RAM. I'm sure the upcoming one I'm super interested in, Supreme Commander, will do so. I think you'll do well by getting 2 gigs of RAM if you're a gamer. So much so that if you don't buy it now, you might just buy it later anyway when you get a game you find scrolling slowly, stuttering, or freezing or slowing down at all.

My next computer will definitely be beefed up with 2 gigs
Old 12-27-2005, 05:01 PM

If you're the type who thinks it's obvious that you should reformat any new computer immediately upon receiving it, you're also probably the kind of guy who doesn't "need" to because you built it yourself anyway.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, here is to back it up. Intel Pentium D is a socket LGA775 designed by Intel. That is all it can be, and your chipset has that exact socket. It's not proprietary beyond Intel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the Gentelman was refering to the actual Motherboard and not the "chipset" in the term your thinking of
Old 12-27-2005, 05:06 PM

Don't buy the RAM from DELL. You'll save a lot by buying it from ebay or newegg.