Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 10:56 AM

Default JJ: Playing with an overcard on BOARD

CO looks tight after 20 hands
UTG was just loose and his cap to me just said, "WHY NOT?"

I am pretty sure I F'd this one up.. thanks for comments

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: JJ: Playing with an overcard on BOARD

Good fold.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:05 AM

once UTG calls i think it is dangerous and you have a tight read CO, so i don't think the fold was horrible unless you think CO would iso you with TT/99.

when i looked at this hand i thought: 3-bet and fold to a cap, but i don't know if that's right. or donk a non-A/K/T/9 turn and fold to a raise from CO.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:26 AM

Given your read on CO this looks like a good fold. Given the preflop action + flop raise I'm putting him on QQ, KK, or AA a vast majority of the time. He could be raising TT but I doubt it, and you still have to worry about UTG.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:28 AM

I don't think its a bad idea to call and donk the turn/fold to a raise. That was my initial reaction to this hand.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think its a bad idea to call and donk the turn/fold to a raise. That was my initial reaction to this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

= spewing an extra 1.5BBs.

CO is tight and 3-bet PF. His range is pretty small and well defined. He didn't have the chance to cap PF and is now continuing his PF aggression on the flop. Putting in any more bets after the initial flop bet is just hating money.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CO is tight and 3-bet PF. His range is pretty small and well defined. He didn't have the chance to cap PF and is now continuing his PF aggression on the flop. Putting in any more bets after the initial flop bet is just hating money.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Looks tight after 20 hands" doesn't = rock.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:39 AM

Good fold

1) no draw on the board
2) an overcall

I think you have 2 outs at best.

LLL
Old 11-03-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah i'm sorry i just have to laugh at your postings about spewing after reading K4o and 82s
Old 11-03-2005, 12:01 PM

I think you played this the best you could. Given UTG's call/cap play on the flop I wouldn't be surprised if he was after a check raise on the flop. So good fold on the turn. If UTG wasn't there I'd be tempted to call the flop.

I guess checking the flop would of been too weak but given you had a preflop raiser to come and someone who likes to make too many plays after him I'd of been tempted to see what happened and fold to any raise by UTG. Probably too weak as I say.