Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 08:07 PM

Default the fat dude with K9offsuit

I just watched the first episode of the Main Event. All I can do is shake my head watching that fat guy, screaming when he flopped top two and then made a pre mature scream on the river realizing that he lost.

I just envy that guy with a WSOP entry. If you're gonna screw around, give someone like me a chance who won't call JESUS' all in with K9. This guy's such a douchebag, he probably thinks he's king of poker. How many of these guys are there at the world series? wouldn't they rather keep the 10 grand.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: the fat dude with K9offsuit

[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't they rather keep the 10 grand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall, wasn't this the guy who indicated he got there for 200 bux and was ready to "gamble"?
Old 10-18-2005, 08:11 PM

250$ and yes...thats what he said. The announers then told us he was there for a bowling turny, and won a a satalite.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:11 PM

he also won $173,000
Old 10-18-2005, 08:13 PM

so i guess he's not a chump?
all right i'm calling with K9
Old 10-18-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't they rather keep the 10 grand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall, wasn't this the guy who indicated he got there for 200 bux and was ready to "gamble"?

[/ QUOTE ]

well what i was saying is that entry is worth 10,000 dollars. why not play an MTT where you can make equivalent to that....I know I probably won't play in the WSOP until I feel like putting up 10 g's is no big deal.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I probably won't play in the WSOP until I feel like putting up 10 g's is no big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would put you in the minority.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even know how the hand was played?

Here's the CardPlayer log.

The button raised to $275, the small blind called, and Chris "Jesus" Ferguson reraised $1,000 more to go. The button came over the top for $3,500 more, forcing the small blind to fold, but when the action got back to Ferguson, he pushed all in for his last $4475. The button called. Ferguson showed A-A, and the button flipped up K-9. That's right, K-9. The flop was devastating for Ferguson when it came K-9-4 making the button two pair. There were two diamonds on board giving Ferguson, who held the ace of diamonds, a backdoor flush draw to go with two remaining aces, and 3 remaining fours that would give him the lead in the hand. The turn brought a non-diamond queen. Ferguson needed a 4, a Queen, or an ace on the river for the win. The river brought a 4. Ferguson hit his bigger two pair, and left his opponent on the short stack. The crowd "oohd and ahhhd" reveling in all the action.

The K9 player's play is not outrageous. He tried to make a move with K9 against a player with a small stack.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:26 PM

yeah i didn't know the whole story so I should've been more fair to that guy. But he still seemed like a staten island punk hooting and hollering. Hey if it gets you 50th place in the main event guess I'd do it too.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even know how the hand was played?

Here's the CardPlayer log.

The button raised to $275, the small blind called, and Chris "Jesus" Ferguson reraised $1,000 more to go. The button came over the top for $3,500 more, forcing the small blind to fold, but when the action got back to Ferguson, he pushed all in for his last $4475. The button called. Ferguson showed A-A, and the button flipped up K-9. That's right, K-9. The flop was devastating for Ferguson when it came K-9-4 making the button two pair. There were two diamonds on board giving Ferguson, who held the ace of diamonds, a backdoor flush draw to go with two remaining aces, and 3 remaining fours that would give him the lead in the hand. The turn brought a non-diamond queen. Ferguson needed a 4, a Queen, or an ace on the river for the win. The river brought a 4. Ferguson hit his bigger two pair, and left his opponent on the short stack. The crowd "oohd and ahhhd" reveling in all the action.

The K9 player's play is not outrageous. He tried to make a move with K9 against a player with a small stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

um good job defending him lol. that actually makes it look like a worst play. hmmm lets see, try to steal on button with K9o, BB comes over the top with a massive reraise. hmmm what should i do? I KNOW I KNOW, ILL RERAISE THIS PUNK NO SKILL PLAYER NAMED FERGUSON!!! O SH1T, HE WENT ALL IN ON ME, I MUST CALL!!!

comon bro, stop trying to defend retards. the guy was obviously an idiot and made an idiot play. no need to defend him.

i can remember thinking this guy was some hick azz redneck retard. first he makes a mind numbing dumb play, then makes a stupid speech about how he doesn't care if he loses since he won a seat through a sat. then he does the typically no class hooting and hollering when he flops 2 pair. then yells like a fuking tard when the river card falls thinking he won. this guy was just a slack jawed yoka named bubba from the deep south. everything about him appeared redneck retard. from the way he talks, to his wife beater, to his fatness, to his haircut, and those tats.

the guy had a chance to parlay his $200 into millions but instead wanted to be a retard and just splash around. how can you have this homegame attitude when you're playing in the worlds biggest and most prestiguoes poker tounrnament? this guy is a fuking moran. stop defending him