Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 03:40 AM

Default any vegas dealers reading?

I have been playing for a few years now and i am making a living right now just from poker. I am really interested in moving to vegas,because of the lack of action here in MN. The higher stake games here are tight during the week. The weekends usually provide better games. I am wondering if the action is good all week long there? 15/30-30/60. Also i was considering on goin to school to be a dealer and i would like to know if it is easy to get a job dealing after training? Thanks for any info.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:13 AM

Default Re: any vegas dealers reading?

It should not be too hard to find a dealing job here in vegas, the demand is VERY high right now. If you are any good at all, you may even get a pretty darn good job. Even some of the biggest cardrooms have some very poor dealers.

Dealer's schools vary in both quality and price. PM me for one where I can at least vouch for the quality, not sure about the prices tho.

If you are a B&M player with a lot of experience, you will obviously have a much easier time becoming a dealer than if you are strictly internet or haven't played before at all.

15-30 and 30-60 are basically found at the bellagio these days. They might occasionally get spread elsewhere, but I can't say I have seen it actually happen tho. Games can be quite good, and there are always several to choose from, at least at the 15-30 level. Nighttime is much better than daytime.

al