Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: PokerNow asked about my other Party accounts

[ QUOTE ]
What does it do to prevent you from doing that, just say you aren't allowed to sit at the table because of an ip match or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it goes by IP address.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:06 AM

Hitting the signup bonus. Looks like they're going to wait until midday EST to ring me (2am here).
Old 05-02-2005, 03:10 AM

More specifically: they can tell if two players have *ever* played from the same computer (I don't know if they just log ever session's IP in a database, or if the client somehow stores each username that has ever used it. Both methods are fallible, but I think logging IPs is cleaner and easier)

This may be important for some people. If you let a friend play, using their own login, while they are over at your house, you will never be allowed to sit at the same table with them again (At least not on the same skin--and I think the IP database is more reliably and thoroughly shared than most data on the Party Network, to prevent cheating)

If you want to play against your friends only, don't let them play from your computer. I'd also advise not playing from shared computers like campus labs, or you could end up being cut off from many tables: you'd be "matched" with every other student who played from that computer. They wouldn't accuse of of anything, they just won't let you sit at the same table with them -- and who knows, amybe somebay, they might lump together ALL shared links [i.e. You are matched to user B, who is matched to user C, who is matched to user D, so it's risky to let *any of you play at the same table]. Since the vast majority of users won't be matched to *any* other user (except maybe members of their household), this might seem sensible to the Party Network.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:42 AM

I can be almost 100% sure that this wasn't PokerNow who asked you this, but rather Pay-Pro (the payment processing company they share). I'm pretty experienced with this, and it's nothing to worry about. If you're worried after clearing the bonus, just get your money out and never go back.