Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Raising with AKs

Easy allin preflop for me.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:20 PM

lol...
1. agreed
2. If AA KK are out there, it's the original raiser (who will naturally push also), or the guy immedeately to his left imo. I don't think we're looking at those hands in this situation.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:24 PM

I dunno, I'd like to keep arguing.

This is an obvious push. Your ignorance astounds me.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:27 PM

Clearly he should have folded preflop.
I can't believe you were the fastest of 10 million sperm.
(Tag, you're it!)
Old 02-15-2005, 03:22 PM

This is exactly as I read the situation. The only person I'm going to find with AA/KK in this spot is the original raiser, or the immediate left. Everybody else has more then enough reason to just come over the top at that point, thus the rest of all the callers are just big pot chasers. As it was, the original raiser had TT and folded, the immediate left had AK, in retrospect, with that many pre-flop limpers, I could easily figure my A are out and my K's are down to 1 or perhaps 2.

This looks like it makes it an easy push pre-flop, yet I think a cluefull player will would call with TT -- figuring alot of high cards are out there and TT may be very live.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:31 PM

I like your answer the best. I was not outmatched at the table. Everybody at the table except for 1 or 2 respect my play and probably rate me semi-tight aggressive -- because I am. The problem was the Fish at the table. I was his personal money tree. Now I wasn't trying to run over him either. Just playing my hand for hand value and making standard tactical moves.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly as I read the situation. The only person I'm going to find with AA/KK in this spot is the original raiser, or the immediate left. Everybody else has more then enough reason to just come over the top at that point, thus the rest of all the callers are just big pot chasers. As it was, the original raiser had TT and folded, the immediate left had AK, in retrospect, with that many pre-flop limpers, I could easily figure my A are out and my K's are down to 1 or perhaps 2.

This looks like it makes it an easy push pre-flop, yet I think a cluefull player will would call with TT -- figuring alot of high cards are out there and TT may be very live.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing about your A and K outs likely being very few.

Still, $460 more with a middle-pair would be quite a call in this situation.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT is either a little better than 50% or a LOT worse than 50% if you have a real pair.