Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 11-24-2003, 06:51 PM

Default Single Blind...bad idea?

Hi all, I'm runnning a No-Limit hold 'em ring game tonight at my house. For simplicity (and various other reasons) I want to have the $3 buy-in go for 15 chips. A player is allowed at any time to make their stack $3 if they have less than $3. Otherwise, the only way to add chips to your stack is to win them.

But having a 1 chip small blind and a two chip big blind will probably be too high a limit for only 15 chips. So I was thinking of just having a single, 1 chip blind. Will this affect the game significantly?

Thanks,
whittle
Old 11-24-2003, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Single Blind...bad idea?

just buy in for more than $3.. with your current structure each chip is worth 20 cents, so just have people buy in for $5 and give them 25 chips instead of 15. i can't imagine $5 being too much
Old 11-25-2003, 01:50 AM

Should school kids really be spending their weekly milk money playing NL poker?
Old 11-25-2003, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should school kids really be spending their weekly milk money playing NL poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps not, but do you really expect kids these days to go outside with all that fresh air and sunshine? At least poker is more interactive and educational than video games.

Besides, we all gotta start somewhere. When we began our home game, us poor grad students thought a $5.00 loss was humiliating.

Even with a single blind, I can't see getting much of a game going. I'm guessing Whittle doesn't have enough chips to go around.

This advice is far too late for tonight's game, Whittle, but, if you're not playing a tourney, why not just use change? Visit the bank and voila, you've got 60 $0.05 chips per person. If you want to host a tourney at those limits, I suggest picking up some of those thin plastic chips available everywhere. You should be able to get all you need for $6-$10. You can move up in chip quality as your game moves up in limits.