Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2003, 02:38 AM

Default Gamblers Book Store Comments

I was intrigued to read some of the comments from an earlier post by Mason and gang about Howard and the Gamblers Book Store. I always drop in when I go to Vegas and enjoy the time spent there immensely. Howard has a knowledge of Vegas history, always is willing to chat, and an interesting character or two always seems to drop by. I can spend all afternoon there and not even buy a book (though that's unlikely). I have purchased many of my twoplustwo titles in previous years elsewhere due to price differences - but given a choice I will always buy the odd book from Howard. The used section is also very interesting. Again, I like to read books about gambling and about Vegas - not only Poker strategy....is there another store in Vegas I should instead "hang" at?
Old 10-30-2003, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Gamblers Book Store Comments

Hi Milo:

I had a conversation with Howard and I consider the matter resolved and don't expect to hear anything like this again.

As for another store, there is Gambler's General Store downtown on Main Street (near the Golden Nugget). They also have a large selection of gambling books, as well as lots of other stuff, and we have always had a great relationship with them.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-30-2003, 08:49 PM

Now THIS is interesting! I always thought the two were one in the same - I've been in GGS many many times. Where is the Gambler's Book Store??
Old 11-05-2003, 01:36 PM

It's at the corner of 11th Street and Charleston. I was in there last week for the first time, and found it to be a near-religious experience.