Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 06-30-2005, 09:58 PM

Default poker tracker question

i noticed today that PT often misses alot of hands during auto-imports - at least for me anyway. tonight, for example, i played for about an hour and won 14BB. when i filtered the general info to show only today's hands (i.e. just the hour i played tonight) it showed a -7.7BB session and was missing some specific hands that i could point to (or rather, couldn't point to).

i set up the auto-import to check for hand histories every 3 minutes while i 4 table 6max.

what am i doing wrong?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: poker tracker question

Are you sure pokertracker is missing hands, or are the hands possibly not being written to your hard drive? Did you disconnect at all?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure pokertracker is missing hands, or are the hands not possibly being written to your hard drive? Did you disconnect at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

no i didn't disconnet at all.

something else wierd: i tried chaning the "my day starts at" option to 8PM (the time i started the session) and it recognized more of the hands...
Old 06-30-2005, 10:20 PM

More of the hands, or all of the hands? This at least tells us that pokertracker is recording all the hands, and it is just an issue with displaying them based on session. Barring an error on your part in defining your session by date or time, I'd just mail ptracker support about this one.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:41 PM

why use pokerstracker? its collecting dust on my harddrive.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:13 PM

I had a similar experience where PT missed two hands out of about 120. I keep a spreadsheet for my results (won/lost) and noticed a discrepancy. PT found the two hands that were missing and asked me for some information I no longer had, but I was never given an explanation concerning why the problem happened. The best thing to do is notify PT of these problems if they occur and save as much information as you can. If there is a glitch in their program, I'm sure they'll want to deal with it as soon as they can identify the problem. As far as I'm concerned it is a great program. I've only been using it for about four months so far and am continually discovering additional uses.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Day Starts At: - this feature was added to v2.05.00p. What it's intent is for those players that play in time zones that are different than the poker site they are playing at. You can use this feature to get data to show on the proper day when using the session dates section. An example would be easier to understand.

Party Poker hand histories display the game date in Eastern (US) time. If you are a user that lives in California, your time is Pacific (US) time, 3 hours less than Eastern time. So hand histories from Party that say the session started October 6, 2004 at 12:05 AM ET really was started on October 5, 2004 at 9:05 PM PT. If you leave the "My Day Starts At" field set to Midnight and then enter a date preference of October 5, 2004, you are not going to see this session because it really started on October 6, 2004 according to the hand histories. However, if you add 3 hours to this, setting the "My Day Starts At" value to "3 AM", then when you enter a date of October 5, 2004 in the date section, you are going to get data for any sessions that started between October 5, 2004 03:00 AM and October 6, 2004 02:59:59 AM. Therefore, the session started on Oct. 6, 2004 at 12:05 AM ET will be displayed with the data for October 5.

As a rule of thumb, if you want to use this feature, set the value to:

If your time zone is behind Eastern US time, set the value to midnight plus number of hours behind you are. Pacific US time would be 3 hours behind Eastern US time so set the value to 3 AM. If you are 2 hours behind Eastern US time, set the value to 2 A.M.

If your time zone is ahead of Eastern US time, set the value to midnight minus the hours ahead you are. If you are in Australia, for example, and you are 8 hours ahead of Eastern US time, set the value to 4 PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

linkie