Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 12:44 AM

Default 5/5/10 two pair with a flush draw.

This is a NL game at Greektown in Detroit. Minimum buy-in is $500, no max buy-in. I have around $1350, villain in this hand has me covered.
I am late position with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Lots of limpers, I limp. $70 in the pot preflop.
Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
It checks to me, I make it $80. Villain in the BB makes it $200. This is the guy that always has the table way covered, and plays his big hands and big draws fast. He checkraises to $200. It folds to me and I call. Pot is now $470. Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], giving me 2 pair and a flush draw. Villain bets $500. I have $1150. What's the play?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: 5/5/10 two pair with a flush draw.

I would reraise on the flop. 500 or so more at least.

Given that you didn't do that, move in on the turn.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: 5/5/10 two pair with a flush draw.

Raise preflop. Who is this against? If it's bruce he has a set. DO you think you are ahead? I don't think a draw is played this way, more a hand that is trying to shut out draws, is he bad enough to play AT this way or two pair? He is in the BB so he probably has two pair more than anything else...