Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Potentially huge pot in a live NL game.

I probably won't make it tonight. I'll be there tommorow most likely.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:31 PM

Default RESULTS

I move all in, he instantly calls with AA, jack hits the turn giving me quads. The Jack on the turn got me thinking about this. I'm not sure I stack him if I wait, although it's very rare for me to get such a scary card on the turn.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I move all in, he instantly calls with AA, jack hits the turn giving me quads. The Jack on the turn got me thinking about this. I'm not sure I stack him if I wait, although it's very rare for me to get such a scary card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think he's more likely to have AA-KK or to have no pair? If he has no pair, you call to let him bluff again.

If there's no chance he has no pair, then the allin is just as good as the smooth call.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Well, I think he most likely has a big pair, because that's what you see so often with the limp-reraise, especially after I put in a raise of 10xBB and got a call.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your thinking, sometimes I play the nuts fast on a flop because people think, why would he play the nuts so fast, obviously he has a weak hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's so much to be said for fast playing the nuts. I just played a hand where I was BB w/ 64s. Folded to SB, who completed. Flop was 666. SB led for pot, I raised pot (I was playing laggy, per usual), SB called. Turn 10, check, pot, call. River 2, check, all-in, call w/ AK. (granted, villain was bad, but I don't get paid w/ a different line).

In this hand, I think I would have called the flop, simply b/c as someone already mentioned, there aren't many scare cards (one jack, maybe four aces if he has KK/QQ). I think all the money was going in anyway, and I certainly don't mind your push at all, esp. if there's absolutely zero chance villain folds AA.

Creed does make a good point though, in that if he has AK, you're only going to extract more coin by calling, and letting him bluff or catch top pair.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:31 PM

i mean to clarify i clearly made this point first.