Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 12:07 PM

Default chances of me winning the hand

i'm having problems understanding the odds of me winning a particular hand.

i was playing in a game around my mates house. i had never played there before. i sat at the table for 55minutes without playing a hand. i then got dealt 6,6. i was the big blind ($10) and everyone hand folded apart from 1 person, who raised $10. i called(because he was someone who played most hands, so i thought he didn't have much). the flop came 6, 2, q. i checked. he bet $40. i re-raised all-in for this reason; i felt, at best, he only had q,? (giving him a pair).

the question i have is this: how do i calculate my chances of winning the hand after the flop? i thought i had the best hand at that moment, but with two cards left, it could be beaten?

please help
Old 08-19-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: chances of me winning the hand

there is a forum strickly for probability .

I can't answer your question with any accuracy other then to say, if you are right, and he has a Qx, you are dominating him and made the very correct move (if he called you).

You have to realize if he has a Q, he still needs 2 cards to beat you, because if he gets another Q, you'll have a full house vs his 3 of a kind. His best chance is if he has 2 pair going into turn (unless he setted Q's)
Old 08-19-2005, 12:40 PM

i understand i'm on the wrong topic area. (this is for world champions only), i'm going to re-post in the beginners section.

sorry for waisting everyones time
Old 08-19-2005, 12:42 PM

Take a look at this website:
Odds Calculator

Play around with what you think the other player might have...
Old 08-19-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i understand i'm on the wrong topic area. (this is for world champions only), i'm going to re-post in the beginners section.

sorry for waisting everyones time

[/ QUOTE ]

what the [censored] dude, don't be a whinny bitch.

I, nor anybody else, did anything to indicate anything about world champions or anything, you just don't fit in here I guess (here = internet)

Both of the replies to this topic were neither abusive or incorrect.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:18 PM

ref me being stupid, take a pill etc etc......please read subject titled "Evan: Why is this thread locked?" posted by LImitPlayer today.

i get the impression i did something majorly wrong. all i want to do (like the rest of you) is improve my poker.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:29 PM

Well, I didn't see your orginal thread (and I tend to stay clear of bitchy threads, so I didn't click on "why did you delete...") but, that has nothing to do with the answers you recieved or the way you acted in this thread. Take the answers for what they are worth, don't over react, and learn all the different forums and what belongs in them. Perhaps read more before posting?
Old 08-19-2005, 01:37 PM

your right, i apologise