Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Tradesports: The Real World

I was hanging out with a friend yesterday who is moving back to Chicago from NYC. He was in town looking for apartments.

We had planned on doing some drinking, of course, and were going to be joined by an ex-girlfriend/fling of his. This girl is now dating someone else, but can be somewhat promiscuous and was way too into my friend a few years ago. We knew that between the booze and the general vibe of sentimentality that there was some chance they'd have sex.

As we were walking to the bar, I told him that I thought the chance of their having sex was 15% (my friend was more pessimistic, at 7%). They then had a flirty conversation on the phone and I raised my estimate to 18%. She called again a few minutes later and said that she was taking a cab to the bar rather than driving, and I raised my estimate again to 22%.

Finally she arrived at the bar. Unbenounced to me, my friend pulled out a gift: a small jar of apple butter from a wedding that he had been to recently. She accepted it with a smile and I immediately blurted out "Twenty-nine percent!".

She shot me the dirtiest of glances. I glanced away at the Golden Tee machine and quickly revised my estimte back downward to 24%.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Tradesports: The Real World

[ QUOTE ]
I immediately blurted out "Twenty-nine percent!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh man! That was a dirty cockblock.

She didn't bring a friend for you?